To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
- Automatically change the size of the player and the resolution of the video
- Force HTML5 in cases when YouTube still defaults to Flash
- Start videos paused (always, when not in a playlist, when in a background tab)
- Open video links without the attached playlist (context menu entry)
- Features for users that don't keep cookies:
- Automatically set volume and playback rate
- Disable autoplay of recommended videos
- Hide video annotations
Firefox HTML5 video support
You need a current version of Firefox with support for MSE and VP9 or H264. You may have to install ffmpeg on Linux. Without MSE, only 360p and 720p videos are available.
YouTube provides a test site that checks support for the various pieces necessary. If some element is missing, check the following Firefox settings:
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 3.2.0-rc1