Rated 4.5 out of 5
4.5 Stars out of 5
- by DonChino, 3 days agoRated 1 out of 5Developer needs to update this add-on; but it is possible they have not tested it recently with Firefox, since it has not been updated for over a year. It is an AWESOME idea; but does not work correctly with Firefox 74.0. All thumbnails appear with a grey overlay above it with the text WATCHED in some cases. It is an obvious alignment \ overlay issue; so most likely YouTube "broke" it and this needs to be fixed ASAP. If this is fixed, then I will upgrade to FIVE stars; because it is needed, so now I am off to find another add-on.
- by AdamTsiolas, 22 days agoRated 3 out of 5To start I need to tell how much i love this addon! Saying that sadly in the new layout it is not working perfectly! For some strange reason when this is enable the thumbnails in the front page it seems stretched, distorted and double size of the normal! I really hope for some update because I can't imagine myself not have it! (I will change my rating to 5 Stars if you solve this problem) Thanks!
- by Firefox user 14719219, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5even after fixing the UI bug this plugin still has a tendancy to mark videos with a vaguely similar name as watched
Developer responseposted 2 months agoI am afraid that the lookup of whether or not a video has been watched is purely based on the ID of the video. In fact, the first version of this extension only stored the ID and nothing else. The current version stores other information, like the title of the video, only because users requested to be able to search through their history.
- by asocialis, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5good because it allows exporting everything and importing it later, and it is actually base64 encoding so we can edit it with text editor maybe, hope extension for chrome and opera
- by enibra, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5I just started using this. I also have the bug with the double-sized thumbnails but since I never use the Youtube starting page and the issue is not present in a channel's Videos page, it does not bother me too much.
I honor the idea of this add-on, as this is basically a must have.
Two questions or feature requests, though:
1. I would really like to be able to manually mark videos as "watched" and be able to de-mark them. Not sure how this could be implemented, GUI-wise, but I think it would be a very great feature!
2. Currently, it's sufficient to click a video to get it marked as "watched". Wouldn't you consider it more intuitive if a video only gets marked when watched "completely" or at least to 2/3, 3/4, 9/10? I know that's a bit philosophical and probably tricky to implement. Just asking. :)
- by Firefox user 13884462, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Just a heads up, Looks like the most recent update to Youtube vaguely breaks this add-on. All the video thumbnails on the homepage sorta... double in height for some reason, at least that's been my experience.
- by Firefox user 15298032, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5This addon is bugged, it shows videos as "watched" even though you've never watched them.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoI am a little bit confused what motivated you to write this review since you essentially had to make the choice between the following.
1) Write a negative review, talking negatively about the work that an individual did in their spare time. Since you did not provide enough information to debug this issue, it will not be fixed.
2) Go to the GitHub repository and issue a bug report with a detailed description. For example whether you are using the old or the new YouTube theme. Or whether the videos erroneously marked as watched are also marked as watched in the database. This will make it possible to debug and resolve the issue.
So why did you go with the first option?
- by stephen moore, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5can you do this for YOUTUBE ON CHROME BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS,please respond