- Rated 5 out of 5I just started using this. I also have the bug with the double-sized thumbnails but since I never use the Youtube starting page and the issue is not present in a channel's Videos page, it does not bother me too much.
I honor the idea of this add-on, as this is basically a must have.
Two questions or feature requests, though:
1. I would really like to be able to manually mark videos as "watched" and be able to de-mark them. Not sure how this could be implemented, GUI-wise, but I think it would be a very great feature!
2. Currently, it's sufficient to click a video to get it marked as "watched". Wouldn't you consider it more intuitive if a video only gets marked when watched "completely" or at least to 2/3, 3/4, 9/10? I know that's a bit philosophical and probably tricky to implement. Just asking. :)
- Rated 5 out of 5This addon is godsend. However the latest YouTube update broke it. On hover / scroll the video thumbnails double in height every now and then.
- Rated 4 out of 5Just a heads up, Looks like the most recent update to Youtube vaguely breaks this add-on. All the video thumbnails on the homepage sorta... double in height for some reason, at least that's been my experience.
- Rated 5 out of 5Please, never leave me!
- Rated 1 out of 5This addon is bugged, it shows videos as "watched" even though you've never watched them.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoI am a little bit confused what motivated you to write this review since you essentially had to make the choice between the following.
1) Write a negative review, talking negatively about the work that an individual did in their spare time. Since you did not provide enough information to debug this issue, it will not be fixed.
2) Go to the GitHub repository and issue a bug report with a detailed description. For example whether you are using the old or the new YouTube theme. Or whether the videos erroneously marked as watched are also marked as watched in the database. This will make it possible to debug and resolve the issue.
So why did you go with the first option?
- Rated 5 out of 5can you do this for YOUTUBE ON CHROME BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS,please respond
- Rated 4 out of 5Needs more control over the overlay effect. It's good in the light YT theme, but could be darker in the dark YT theme.
Just FYI, it's not compatible with Youtube Enhancer when using a theme, or vice versa. The overlay is removed.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoI have never switched to the dark theme and haven't yet considered that it may be a problem. You are completely right though and I appreciate that you pointed this out to me. I will try to address this in the next version.
- Rated 5 out of 5very good addition. with him much more convenient.
can you add a feature, hide watched videos on the subscriptions page?
Developer responseposted 6 months agoThank you for the kind words! I have thought about completely removing watched videos from the subscription page before. This is a little tricky though, since the extension would have to do the layouting of the grid again. Even though it would be useful, I have thus not currently planned to implement this feature, my apologies!
- Rated 5 out of 5Hi dear Simon!
First, thank You for Your work.
And thank You for fixing minor bugs when displaying "watched" logo on playlist.
I have some comments for this extension. Recently (after the update of addon? or youtube?) watermark "watched" appeared in the upper left corner in full screen mode directly on playing video. I've seen this when watched playlist. Can You fix this, please?
Developer responseposted 7 months agoThank you for your feedback, I greatly appreciate it! I haven't noticed this issue yet but made sure to create an issue here in order to keep track of it: https://github.com/sniklaus/youtube-watchmarker/issues/22
- Rated 3 out of 5Everything it does works very nicely. What it doesn't do is allow videos marked as watched to be unmarked.
Playlists have a minor decoration problem - watched videos on the playlist show a double layer of Watched.
- Rated 4 out of 5Awesone, you open the video and automatically it is greyed out but it would be more awesome if we could manually mark the video as watched witout actually open the video.
- Rated 5 out of 5Five stars for using screenshots of Kyde & Eric's channel. The add-on is good too. Wish it didn't mark livestreams as watched while they're still going, only once they are over and archived in their entirety.