To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Yooper helps you remember what you read on the web.
* highlight in one-click
* memory teaser and summary page
* search what you highlighted by keywords
* permanent highlight, even on dynamic websites (Wikipedia, Gmail)
* data back-up on Yooper server
About this Add-on
Yooper can be used to study or research a new topic, to learn a new language, or ... to bookmark possible destinations for your next holiday. It has been successfully tested on dynamic websites such as Wikipedia or Gmail.
To highlight a text on a web page, simply select it with your mouse: it cannot be simpler. Because selected texts are shown as white letter on blue background, you won't see the highlight immediately. Simply click somewhere else on the page to deselect the text, and you'll see your text highlighted. Alternatively, select a color in the color picker or click "highlight" in the context menu.
Highlighting is not possible in input/edit fields. Also, when you select text to copy it in another place, the selection is not highlighted.
All other Yooper functions are accessible via only 5 buttons in the status bar (bottom right corner of the Firefox window):
* easily create an account thanks to an OpenID from Google, Microsoft or Yahoo.
* tease your memory by hiding the selected text;
* view and edit your summary of a webpage or website;
* assemble your own summary pages by drag-and-drop;
* search all your highlights by keywords,
* copy the highlights to MS-Word,
* print the highlights of a page,
* e-mail the highlights with your own e-mail program,...
A more detailed description is available on our website.
Yooper stands for HUman PERformance (your performance, that is). It was developed by the creator of Watt Watchers.
We welcome your comments. Please send feedback on our feedback page (accessible from our status bar button).