- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17816614, a month agothis extension great is except for one thing...It used to make a click sound when it failed to get audio for a word (which is fine) but now instead there is a LONG audio of someone saying "The audio for this clip is not available. Thank you for your patience". It is so ANNOYING to have to hear that every time I hover over a word and there isn't an audio for it. Please change it back, remove it or give the option to put my own sound
- Rated 1 out of 5by mai, 5 months agoDO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION, IT IS DRASTICALLY OUT-OF-DATE!
Yomichan is a perfect 5/5, but this version is drastically out-of-date and missing critical features. If you are wondering why the settings page looks different to everyone on youtube, here's why. For some reason, the Firefox store is stuck on version 22.214.171.124, whilst version 126.96.36.199 is available on the Chrome store and GitHub. You should instead download the latest version from the Yomichan GitHub instead, with the file name "a708116f79104891acbd-188.8.131.52.xpi". "Thankfully", Yomichan is no longer updated, so it's as simple as installing it and forgetting about it as it will no longer receive updates.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Cyril, 6 months agoFirefox version of this addon is two years older than Chrome version. I just spend over an hour trying to figure out why I can't import a JMdict Extra dictionary recommended on https://learnjapanese.moe, with nothing online about the error "Error: Dictionary has invalid data in 'term_bank_1.json' for value 'dictionary.type', validated against 'schema.additionalItems.items.oneOf.properties': 0 oneOf schemas matched".
- Rated 5 out of 5by GiveMeCustomAddons, 8 months agoAbsolutely fantastic application.
-Painless word lookup without switching away from the web browser
-Breaks down Japanese sentences and deinflects words
-Supports multiple dictionaries at a time
-Doubles as dictionary software via search page search page. Supports wildcard and reverse-wildcard searches
-Baked-in Anki integration to quickly produce flashcards for later study
-Works completely offline
-Version on Mozilla's add-on repository is woefully out of date (June 4, 2020) compared to the latest version (October 23, 2022)
-Fails to install on Firefox for Android, even from an add-on collection
-Development has ceased, so issues above will likely not be resolved
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17462083, a year agoMust have for every japanese learner. I literally couldn't imagine studying japanese without this. It's so incredibly useful it's borderline unbelievable.