- by Minstrel, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Finally something with tabs! Like good ol' Speed Dial 2. The only thing I need now is being able to import my own CSS to make it look the way I want. Otherwise, perfection!
- by Firefox user 17258383, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Features of this add-on is amazing! But what about sync\backup option???
Developer responseposted 4 months agothanks! speed dials are just bookmarks so you can sync and back them up with your browser. starting with version 2.1 YASD settings can also be imported and exported from the settings menu
- by Julien from Canada, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5It's a good enough speed dialer, but I wish there would be more customization options. I'm no boomer, but for me, the folder tab's labels are too small for fast clicking. Also, this ad-don keeps putting itself as default new tab and homepage even when not chosen in the settings . This is really annoying. I like that it automatically add Icons for any website because it can be a painful process in other speeddialers
- by ilike2win, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Very basic but practical speed dial. Wish you had the ability to control the size of the dials, dial spacing (or max columns) and also hide the "+" for adding new dials. Control over margins and align of dials to top (vs middle) would also be welcome additions.
EDIT: Thanks for your reply. I see the settings for max columns and hiding of the "+". The ability to scale the dials (either manually or preset) would also be cool ;-) Thanks again for your responsiveness!
- by Alexander Olenich, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5That's a really good add-on with a clear interface. However I'd like to be able to scale my dials, please. They are too large for me. I'd also prefer to align the dials in last row left instead center. Another question is dial images syncing. I have custom logos there and it's a quite annoying to update all the stuff manually on three computers. Otherwise I'm totally happy with neat look of this add-on.
- by Firefox user 12618564, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very good speed dial but there are things that are missing for me.
1. No option to resize dials, change number of columns or change dials alignment(Right know they are in center but i would like them to be more on top)
2. When using images with transparent background then there no dial borders.
3. No option to launch a new tab in background
Thank You!! for ur effort making this addon.Thanks for the feedback! To answer your questions:
1. You can change the number of columns in settings under "Max Columns"
2. This was by design, which is meant to be minimalist
3. You can open dials in background tabs by middle-clicking them
You can also follow YASD development on its github page: https://github.com/conceptualspace/yet-another-speed-dial
- by Firefox user 13944793, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Ouch! YASD overwrote my Homepage which was a carefully curated list of ~ 20 custom URLs ... which I had not saved in my favorites :-(
Did I miss a warning that this would happen? If not, please add a warning during installation if possibleTry changing the homepage setting by going to Preferences -> Homepage. If you can't find the URLs there, check prefs.js in your profile folder. Unfortunately Firefox may overwrite this setting even without an extension (such as on update) so it is indeed better to use favorites instead of the text field :(
There isn't an explicit warning on install because the purpose of the speed dial is to change those pages, but I will try to make it clearer in the description. Thanks for the suggestion!
- by Guiluge, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5I've been a looong time Opera / Vivaldi user (20+ years or so), and I always miss the Speed Dial feature these browsers can offer.
YASD is quite amazing, though :
- superb & clean UI
- seamless syncing between devices
Keep up the good work, your extension is really the best out there.
One question : do you plan to provide an Android version ?
It would be a big asset ;)
- by ScootyPuffJr, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very good but please make an option to toggle the "Add to Speed Dial" context menu item as it's pretty annoying when you miss-click and end up with a random site in your Speed Dial lol. Cheers!
- by Firefox user 5926074, 8 months agoRated 2 out of 5It seems simple and easy to use, but I can't switch because it doesn't have a backup function.
Do you have any plans for that?
Developer responseposted 8 months agoUnder the hood, YASD speed dials are just bookmarks, so all you have to do to back them up is export your firefox bookmarks (Main Menu > Show Bookmarks Manager > Export Bookmarks), or enable Bookmarks and Extensions in Firefox Sync. That said, since people often look for an export in the YASD settings I'll look to add one in the next update :)
- by Sky, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Best Speed Dial. But I have a few ideas.
1. The icons of some sites are cropped too much. (Linkedin for example);
For some sites does not generate the most suitable icon (for example, google main page or translator)
2. It would be nice to be able to adjust the distance between tabs and their size; including, depending on the availability of titles.
Thank you! I've been trying to find speed dial like in opera for a long time.