- by wardog61, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5This really sucks, yahoo changes it's setting on it's own every so often and it stops working. This is frustrating as I have yahoo as my search engine...smfh!! maybe it's time to search somewhere else for better service.
- by Firefox user 16036925, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Y! Mail becomes more usable with the extension installed, but I prefer using a different search engine, in particular, I like Google's specialized searches, like the one you get when you search for a song.
There is a greater concern, however. I have had trouble with security on a company managed machine and lots of reports for unapproved activity. Mostly when I use Yahoo Mail. I have so many when the extension is enabled, that my account is locked.
I had no time to investigate more deeply which kind of requests come from the extension, but as a precaution I have uninstalled it completely.
- by Firefox user 15165139, a year agoRated 4 out of 5This works with "Google" as the "default search extendion" as well, but then goes away after a few days if you don't change over your "default search engine" to "Yahoo".... THAT'S fuckin BULLSHIT because "Google" is the better "search engine", and also, it really shouldn't MATTER which "search engine" you use, as this extension has to do with your EMAIL...
- by ANARCHIST-X, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5As many others have said, it uninstalls itself for no apparent reason, & only says due toi recent changes in my browser. What changes? Deleting cookies & temp Internet files? Who doesn't do that regularly? It makes the browser run faster! Not sure if that is causing it, just guessing & wondering I suppose. & I use Bing as my default search engine. & deleted all others in FF. Soooo,...Yahoo, when are you geniuses gonna fix this? Yahoo is too busy spreading fake news A.K.A. Libtard propaganda to care about their stuff working correctly!
- by Firefox user 14905075, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Yahoo se fout vraiment de la gueule de ses utilisateurs !!!
Comme pour de très nombreux internautes de part le monde, cette extension se désinstalle toute seule !!
Dire que cela est irritant est un euphémisme !
2 ans sans mise à jour...je crois rêver !!
Yahoo really doesn't care about its users !!!
As with many internet users around the world, this extension uninstalls itself !!
To say that this is irritating is an understatement!
2 years without update ... I think I'm dreaming !!
Developer responseposted 2 years agoMerci pour votre message et je suis sincèrement désolé que vous n'ayez pas l'experience utilisateur que vous espériez. En installant l'extension, vous avez une popup qui vous demande de changer votre moteur de recherche pour Yahoo. Cela est nécessaire pour le bon fonctionnement de l'extension. L'extension fonctionne seulement si le moteur de recherche par default est Yahoo.
C'est d'ailleurs dans la description de l'extension "Wider mail experience works only with Yahoo as the default search engine.".
Avec le moteur de recherche Yahoo par défaut, l'extension ne se déinstallera pas.