To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Changed so addon will reuse an existing Yahoo mail tab in the window if available. It will not use a tab where the user is composing new mail. It also won't reload the tab if the user uses Yahoo Mail beta (which periodically refreshes the page anyway).
2. Workaround for SeaMonkey Bug 192165 which prevented user from deleting passwords.
3. Added locales af-ZA, be-BY and es-CL
Fix: Bug 16600 - Too many login windows.
Fix: Bug 16835 - Stops working under Linux when new window is open.
Add: locales bg-BG, ru-RU and uk-UA
2. Change: At request of sk localizer, changed sk-SK to sk.
3. Update: Updates to sk and fr-FR localizations.
2. Change: Changed double click default time to within 400 ms. The first time 0.9.9.1 is installed, the extensions.ym_notifier.doubleclicktime preference will be changed to 400. If you have manually modified this preference, you will need to change it again after 0.9.9.1 is installed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
3. Fix: Workaround for Bug 13677. Warning this will cause the extension to re-log into the default username when the user logs out on a Yahoo page and the extension is actively checking. It will also do so if the user logs out and into a different Yahoo account. If the extension is not actively checking, it will not do anything if the user changes Yahoo account until the user tells it to check again.
4. Fix: Workaround for Firefox Bug 331276. This will only work if all extensions affected by this bug are updated to work around the bug.
5. Fix: Better handle timeouts that can occur when checking for mail or logging in. Also added some checks for if the user is impatient and checks again too quickly.
6. Update: Extension will try alternate server if an error occurs when checking main server. User will still get an error about failing to connect, but the next time it should work. This will work around the current Yahoo server timeout issues you may or may not be having.
2. Fixed: Reset internal mail counter to 0 on logout.
3. Fixed: Toolbar icon was not changing to error icon on error.
4. Fixed: Last check time for when user clicks icon and also when user is not checking.
5. Added: Ability to enter URL into sound file box (http://, file://, etc).
6. Added: If no sound file is chosen the system "New Mail Notification" sound will play.
7. Added: az-AZ, ca-AD localization
8. Update: Support for Firefox 2.0 alpha (Bon Echo)
2. Fixed: Firefox 1.0.X based browsers (Mozilla, Netscape 8.1 and FF 1.0.7) suffer from bug 174320. This will cause the extension to not check for mail when it first logs in when using an older browser. I've added a work around for this. Since Firefox 1.5, Flock and SeaMonkey do not suffer from this bug, this may explain why some people said that it wasn't checking for mail and others (like me) said it worked fine.
3. Added: Option to allow user to select to check mail with mouse click. Currently uses the "Check now" text which isn't the best phrase, but will work for now since I don't want to go through the hastle of updating all the localization at the moment. I'll change it later during the next major update.
4. Added: Last check time to tooltip.
2. Fixed issue where loging in as non-default user caused extension to become confused about which user was logged in. This doesn't add multi-user capabilities, but you can now add multiple users without causing problems.
3. Requested addition: If the currently selected tab is blank, then the extension will always load Yahoo Mail in that tab instead of a new tab regardless of which mouse button is pressed.
2. Should now work with all partnered Yahoo Mail accounts (SBC, Verizon, etc) again, but since I don't have any I can't test this.
3. The extension will now check for the sound filename in the profile chrome directory if the specified file does not contain an absolute path. To use this, just put your sound file in the chrome directory in your profile and manually type the filename without a path in the text box (do not use select). This was requested by a user of Portable Firefox.
Please see version 0.9.5 for all the changes that went in since 0.9.4.
I really didn't want to release another version so soon, but the "real" next version will take a while and I wanted to get this fix out now rather than weeks or months from now.
I just hope nothing else crops up between now and then.
2. Leave up last known new message count on failure, just change icon.
3. Fix for error alerts when logging in. If an error occurs on a login that occurrs before checking starts (user manually logged in or browser just opened) put up an alert window. If a login failed after checking was started (auto-relogin) then change icon and show check failure tooltip.
4. Fixed issue where toolbar icon would not change on error.
5. Extension now works with the Japanese version of Yahoo! Mail. It should also now work with BT Yahoo if it didn't already.
6. Fixed a number of minor issues that can occur when users open and close browser windows.
7. Allow special characters to be in the sound file path and filename.
8. User sometimes was prompted for password when closing browser. This has been corrected.
9. If US update check server fails, it will try to use the UK one automatically. If that fails it will report an error.
10. Minor GUI change in preferences window (thanks to Teo).
11. Updated localizations: de-DE, es-ES, en-US, it-IT, ja-JP, nl-NL, pl-PL, sk-SK, tr-TR, zh-CH, zh-TW. Added da-DK, pl-BR, pl-PL localizations. If you want to help with the translation, the localization files are now available at Babelzilla
2. Version at this site now supports Netscape 8.1
3. it-IT updated for changes in 0.9.3
4. Fixed problem where if user changed checking interval the time would be added instead of replaced. See bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=325418
Note: The new URL override, the error tooltip and uninstall GUI text is all in English since no translation was available.
2. Option to override default mail URL added to user/pass preferences.
3. The extension will now try to log into Yahoo at least once every 12 hours to stop Yahoo from prompting for password.
4. Added an uninstall method for Mozilla and SeaMonkey. In addition the status bar icon can no longer be hidden in Mozilla and SeaMonkey since there is no way to get it back.
5. Instead of popping up an error window when checking for mail fails, the icon and tooltip will change if this occurs.
6. Added support for Netscape 8.1 (requires version at http://ymnotifier.mozdev.org because this site won't allow a max app of 8.1 for Netscape).
2. Fixed an issue that would occur if the user changed his/her Yahoo! password.
3. Fixed issue with mail URL being incorrect.
4. Added the following localizations: es-ES (YoaR), fr-FR (Scooby), tr-TR(asteko), zh-CN and zh-TW (duley).
5. Updated to support Netscape 8.0.4.
- it-IT localization by andr3a