To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
2. Changes to make more compatible with Firefox 28 and up.
In addition I now use SSL when checking for new mail since it is now supported by Yahoo.
2. Removed support for versions of Firefox lower than 4 because of API calls.
2. Fixed issues when mixing Private and Public windows in Firefox 20 and up.
3. Removed support for browser versions older than Firefox 3 and SeaMonkey 2.1.
4. Fixed issues with SeaMonkey support.
5. Added Hy-AM locale
- Switched to different Yahoo server for checking for new mail as old one stopped working.
- Fixed system sound alerts in OS X - uses "New Mail" sound.
- Fixed check for new Yahoo Mail (so don't reload tab when opening mail).
- Updated locales.
2. Fix transparent context menu issue.
2. Some performance enhancements
3. Status bar icon will no longer show as being logged in, when new windows are opened while not logged in.
2. Update max application versions
3. Updated locales
2. Some people had issues where the add-on would never check for new mail automatically. I changed the mechanism used to ensure that only one window has permission to check which works around this problem.
3. NoScript's Anti-XSS protection in the latest version of NoScript no longer interferes with the work around for bug 437174 I had put in Yahoo Mail Notifier version 184.108.40.206 so I removed the code I put in 220.127.116.11 that automatically adds a cookie exception for Yahoo and re-implemented the work around as it was in version 18.104.22.168. The cookie exception that Yahoo Mail Notifier added to Firefox in version 22.214.171.124 will automatically be removed. The work around will still only trigger if Firefox is set to block third party cookies and an exception is not added for Yahoo.
NoScript's Automatic Secure Cookie feature will still interfere with the work around, so if the user enables that feature in NoScript and Yahoo Mail Notifier needs to use the work around, it will add an "ignore unsafe cookie" exception to NoScript's HTTP - Cookies tab. This is needed because Yahoo does not support secure cookies on any page except the login page. Complain to Yahoo about that one since it's their site that's not secure.
See developer notes for reasoning.
Any "lost" passwords will be recovered after upgrading to this version, if they haven't already been re-entered.
By default, the NoScript add-on blocks the work around I put in 126.96.36.199 so now the add-on only uses the work around if needed (third-party cookies are disabled and there are no exceptions for Yahoo) and only if NoScript will not block it.
NoScript will block log-ins if the "Turn cross-site POST requests into data-less GET requests" option is checked on the Advanced->XSS tab and the Yahoo login page is not added as an exception. This exception will work:
2. Switched to use a new URL for checking which seems to work for all mail accounts, is quiicker and provides more info.
3. Removed the alternate checking method since it is no longer needed.
4. Other various minor bug fixes.
2. When using the alternate checking method, Yahoo returns "9+" when there are more than 9 new messages. The extension now shows "9+" instead of "9" when this occurs.
3. Fixed a potential issue that could cause the extension to stop checking when a window is closed.
4. Updated mk-MK locale
2. Fixed an issue where logging out didn't always correct clear out login credentials.
- Worked around an issue for users of Yahoo Mail Beta where the new mail count wasn't reseting. This is actually a bug with Yahoo's beta mail site which isn't reset the new mail count when you go to the Yahoo Mail beta page, unless you click the "Check Mail" button or stay on the page longer than 10 minutes.
In order for this to work, you must log out of Yahoo and then initiate checking again. From that point on any time you click on the extension to go to your Inbox, the new mail count will be reset.
CAVEAT: You need to use the extension's icon to go to Yahoo Mail otherwise the new mail count will still be off unless you click the "Check Mail" (or wait 10 minutes).