To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Additionally, you can find modified latin letters with their simple versions. For example, "Frédéric" can be found by the input "frederic".
Or, if you want and you switch the find mode, you can do regular expression search for web contents.
XUL/Migemo is available on:
* Find in this page (FIrefox)
* Smart Location Bar (Firefox)
* Search boxes of History and Bookmarks (Firefox)
* Find in this message (Thunderbird)
* Quick Find feature in the thread pane (Thunderbird)
This project is inspired from "Migemo" project ( http://0xcc.net/migemo/ ), which provides same feature for Emacs and other applications.
* For other languages...
I NEED HELP BY CJK DEVELOPERS. To implement Chinese and Korean engines, I want help. This will help CJK users powerfully because we need to use IMEs to input find terms in our languages. This possibly make IMEs needless to find terms in webpages.
This extension is designed to use custom engines for multiple languages. If you implement new engines, XUL/Migemo can provide advanced - dictionary-assisted and rapid - infremental search for other languages. But now, only two engines -Japanese and English- are available because I'm Japanese. If you've developed a new engine for another language, please contact me.
Documents for developers:
- Dictionary manager works again.
- Works correctly on the Places Organizer.
- Works correctly for webpages with inline frames or scrollable elements.
- Works correctly in English mode
- Works on Firefox 45, Nightly 49.0a1 and Thunderbird 45.
- Keyboard shortcuts to start find with specific mode are now defined as you like now.
- Out-of-purpose features like auto highlighting are now removed.
- "jar" archive is no longer included.