- by Firefox user 13509381, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I have two Gmail accounts, when click the non-defualt one to check inbox, Gmail asks for password every time. Is this something related to the new annoying Firefox, or the add-on itself. I remember the add-on was working perfectly before.
- by Firefox user 12740845, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5No more additional scripts for others e-mail? Really? Well, i return with 3.5.23 on Firefox 52 ESR and after i seek for alternative addon. Thank you anyway.
- by Firefox user 13210288, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5I was using xnotifier for long time. But if FF do not allow using scrips, then 4.0.3 and now 4.1.3 became useless. It's also sad, that if I want to check my mailboxes I probably will need install 3-4 different add-ons, and I don't like this.
- by Firefox user 12947913, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5I use this addon for some time now. I use it for my gmail account and my fastmail account. However, since version 4 the fastmail script doesn't work anymore, even it was made by the dev itself. That's no option for me, so i stick to 3.5.23 But the problem in the old version is that gmail doesn't open and instead you're directed to your google account where you have to login. So i now use 3.5.23 for fastmail alone. If the newer version would improve and that i'm able to use both accounts again (gmail and fastmail) i would give it a higher rating.
- by Canis Enigmas, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5X-Notifier was the best extension for Firefox and version 3 was the absolute pinnacle of its abilities.
But I'm not even sure what is the point of 4.0:
It allows you to add multiple accounts for different services, but you're only able to log into the one that is set to default!
If this version no longer supports Scripts, why is there still a "Script" option to add to your account list?
This version is just so badly done, I'm not even sure if it has even gotten to the beta stage!
- by Minifix, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5In earlier versions you could simply click on the X notifier icon and it would open your inbox. Now I have to click on the icon and then again on the mail account. Not a big issue perhaps, but I find it annoying when I cannot customize functions according to my personal needs.
Also, it deletes my accounts now every time there's an update. Didn't do that before...
I give it two stars, where before there would have been five!
- by Mahisha RheGa, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5After few year using this, i'm very happy and never have any problem... but now after update, all my account data is gone... I start to re-enter all information again and test do start clean history. BOOM... happen again, all is gone.
so sad to say goodbye, plz fix it...
- by richardnpaul, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5V.3.5.23 of this plugin is great, however, Mozilla have screwed it by removing functionality that is required to keep it as great as it is.
As a result, we end up with a s**tty Chrome standard plugin that doesn't even work for me at the moment; none of my accounts work, they don't fetch mail and just show up in red even after having to readd them to the v4 of the program, at all (and I had six of them to readd.)
Chrome extensions are the lowest common denominator when it comes to plug ins and so are not what Mozilla should be aiming for and they should not be forcing their loyal plugin developers to remove useful functionality from their plugins just because they can't be ar*ed to develop a proper solution to allow the plugin to work as it did (functionally.)
As you can see, I don't fault Byungwook here, I fault the lazy f**ktard developers and/or pathetic leadership at Mozilla.
However, I have to rate the plugin how it is now at v4 and so I've had to rate it at 2* rather than 4* that v3.5.23 would receive.
- by Daniel, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5This was such a great add-on. But now it's very painful to check emails. It's good I suppose if you have 1 email account. But when you have 7 like I do this use to work seamlessly. If anyone is having any issues with the new update, simply install the old version 3.5.23. But in the future FireFox is going to make the old version stop working which will be said.
- by Firefox user 12696673, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5For the last update, does'nt work at all on Firefox (Win 7) : 2 Hotmail accounts + 1 Yahoo and unable to check correctly. I wan't to open the 1st hotmail account, but it opens the 2nd account. I click again on the 1st hotmail account but NO it opens the 2nd account. I click on the 2nd and it opens the 2nd. There I click the 1st and AT LEAST it opens the 1st account.
It seems this update is not able to check 2 accounts from the same supplier.
Anyway before everything worked perfectly but as always, an update means "doesn't work". Not sure to keep X notifier, I'm loosing to much time to access my differents accounts, it'll be faster to open a window/account and typing my password
- by morpheussss, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5I use this module since a very long time and I was very happy !
because it is a very usefull one. But the 4.0 version break the
confidence. Nothing works anymore :( oblige to install the previous version and disable automatic module uptade :(:(
- by Махал Махалыч, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Испортить легко. Автор очень постарался хороший, работающий продукт превратить в какое то убожество.
Во-первых: когда воспользуешься Ccleaner - стираются все аккаунты, добавленные в приложение.
Во - вторых: нет возможности добавить некоторые почтовые сервисы - а ведь в 3.5 версии все работало!
В-третьих: исчез русский язык в настройках. Для меня это не критично - но ведь раньше то он был!!! Да и сам дизайн, удобство и простота использования стали много хуже.
Совет всем - возвращайтесь на версию 3.5
- by Наско, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5None of the 4+ versions work for me.
I am using FF Beta(with e10s enabled) and version 3.5.23 works fine except the secondary accounts open the main account(if i disable e10s it works as it should).
I tried a number of times to move to 4.0.1 and now to 4.0.2,but every time it just wont work at all.
Not even my Yahoo and Gmail accounts are working.I don't know what is up with version 4+, but it just won't work for me no matter what.
As another review said - WAS a great addon.
I will stick to 3.5.23 as long as i can and as long as it works.
- by Firefox user 12689414, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Key word "WAS"
They change the interface of it and now it's hard to check your emails.... Not only that but it won't save my e-mail setting so I need to re-enter my e-mail information every time I start Firefox.
Basically now It's not a very good add on for what I need it to be. A prompt for e-mails and when I click on it to go to it.
I wish they would go back to what they had.