Dear WorldIP User,
You can support the Further Development of Add-on!
Dogecoin D8Y5PcDfBh9nEn86KAboWoq2bVsjkgxLfhThanks to You, WorldIP will live!
FF29 does not have add-on bar anymore, therefore if you want to see all infos bottom, you have to install "The Addon Bar" (for Firefox29) additionally for some useful add-onshttps://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/the-addon-bar/Please report the bugs you found here worldip.userecho.com
WorldIP provides the following information:
- all IP addresses of the server (IPv4 and IPv6), Reverse DNS, web-server
- all DNS entries for domains (A,AAAA,MX,NS,SPF,TXT,SOA,CNAME,PTR), their Time to Live (TTL)
- real country, flag
- data center, provider, autonomous system (AS)
- your external IP address, ISP and change log (by time or when changing proxy)
- ping and traceroute from all continents (around 40 servers worldwide). Advanced traceroutes with three protocols simultaneously (TCP/UDP/ICMP)
- ping and traceroute from your computer
- links to Looking Glasses of 43 global providers (by provider name or by country/city). Not every global provider has an open LG
- whois, BGP connections on bgp.he.net
- DNS ping and custom request to any server
- verification of compliance of the website with the IP address, protection against DNS spoofing
/ DNS hijacking
. These attacks are used by different viruses and trojans, some unscrupulous providers, governments and security agencies.
DNS attacks redirect legitimate traffic to a fake website, or when proxying traffic in the Man-in-the-Middle (MitM) attacks for different purposes such as
- stealing passwords
- listening to internet traffic
- providing falsified information
- intercepting online banking transactions
- for censorship.
DNS requests are sent to a randomly selected server from the list prescribed in the options. To detect DNS spoofing, the address is verified through an external DNS server as well.
By default, there are the fastest public servers from Google and Level3 in the list. Additionally, it is recommended to use DNS servers from OpenNIC independent of companies and governments (link in the options). Here
you can read more about the project.
If spoofing is suspected, the additional DNS requests to 18.104.22.168 and to the website's DNS server (from NS entries) are possible by using the TCP protocol.
From the version 3.0.0, all requests to WIP database will only be sent via https for more protection and security (also against PRISM, xkeyscore, tempora). They will be redirected to the server located on the same continent, where the user is. That is, all European requests are sent to the European server, etc.. Our servers are in the United States, Germany, Chile, Singapore, Japan and Australia.
WorldIP is a WIPmania's product based on WIP-database. Its results are based on data from core routers, so it is more correct than the other databases based on whois (those databases only provide the geographical location of the network owner but not the geographical location of the network itself).
IPv6 support is incomplete and experimental.
All requests are asynchronous, so WorldIP does not slow down the site loading time.
If you noticed a bug, please report it to email@example.com or via bug report system worldip.userecho.com
If you constantly get the red spoofing-sign, please check whether your external DNS work
. In the menu there is an option "DNS request/ping", enter ping there, it might also be with empty fields (by default, the request is sent to the server 22.214.171.124)