To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
- To change the default city displayed on the browser status bar, just "double click" your preferred city from the favorites list!
Unfortunately the worldclock is using the new DST rule for US. (April to November). It means that it will change to standard time at the end of this month.
To fix this issue you may apply the following hack:
1) Close completely your browser
2) Open the following file with a text editor(Notepad):
Windows: c:Documents and Settings//Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/.default/prefs.js
4) Look for the entries(lines) that start with:
5) There should be two entries like this:
user_pref("extensions.worldclocks.timezones", "New York:-18000000,3,2,8,1,7200000,0,3,10,1,1,7200000,0:America/New_York;Tokyo:32400000:Asia/Tokyo;Sofia:7200000
These entries store the default and favorite cities timezone settings, for example:
Change the 9th number from 10 to 9 (November to October, months go from 0 to 11)
Change only the US timezones, other timezones should be OK, and they might have a different format.
6) Start the Firefox. It should display correctly now.
7) Remember to do the same thing for any US city that you add afterwards. And rollback your changes for the next year.