Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by eUROs, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very good Extension! BUT the only problem is that it counts also the Empty spaces between the characters. There is no option to disable Not to count the "empty spaces".
- by Newrone, a year agoRated 2 out of 5I have no notification.
I select, right-click, click Wordcount &... nothing!
Some reviewers say the figure should appear top-right for 10 secs. Not for me.Hi there,
I know you will feel this redundant question, I fell in this trap many times, but by any chance is your do not disturb mode(if on mac) is on?
Do not disturb mode does not allow any notifications, so it will not work if do not disturb mode is on.
- by Firefox user 14186837, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Would be a very useful tool if it worked properly. It gives numbers around 2,500 words for anything more than that. Otherwise works great for shorter texts.Thanks for reporting this, I will sort this out soon :)
Hi there, v2.0 supports any length of text, thanks for your inputs that motivated me to work on it and fix it!
Did you get a chance to try the new version?
- by anyssia, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5kept capping the count at 2927 words, no matter how many words on the page
- by Firefox user 14237522, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5only counts to ~3k words, ~15k characters. nice for short texts, useless for longer stuff.
- by Doris, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great little tool! I tried other add-ons, but this works best for me. Thank you! I like the little delay before the counter display autohides as I sometimes need to refer to it. I would love this more if it would have options for:
1- directly displaying the count in the context menu (so just quick look in one click);
2- display character count only, word only, or both (for extensive use, immediately seeing just what you need helps);
3- keyboard shortcut (although I did a little keyboard macro for myself so I only need to press one key).Thanks for using and loving it.
1- I am not sure if the APIs allow that(I will try the same :) )
2- yes that will be a plus(I will implement addon preferences for that)
3- That's an awesome idea(It will be really helpful if you can suggest any shortcut)
- by Firefox user 13201984, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I have a long document (71 page/25321 words, when I made a control count in a word processor) for which the Word Count addition reported that the page contained 2497 words.
Thus, unfortunately, I must deem this addon to be unreliable for my use.
I did of course select the entire text. (I used the shortcut Cmd + A in Firefox for macOS.)As mentioned this addon only gives word count of selected text, I am not sure if all the text was selected, so it might have given the result only for selected text.
v2.0 supports any length of text, thanks for your inputs that motivated me to work on it and fix it!
- by Firefox user 12346924, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Beautifully simple and incredibly useful for those of us who write for a living.
The only suggestion I would have is to include a keyboard shortcut. I rarely use the mouse when typing, so a shortcut would be great.
- by Firefox user 13612474, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension. It does exactly what you'd think it does. Nothing more, nothing less. Just how I like it.
My only suggestion to the developers is to allow users the ability to move the box, or have it autohide after X seconds. I just want to glance at the word or character count, not have it stay on my screen at the top right corner where I might accidentally close the browser instead of the Word Count popup box.
EDIT: okay, it did autohide for me, but it was more like 10ish seconds rather than 5. Regardless, this extension still does exactly what it should, so I will continue to use it.