Rated 2 out of 5 stars

On Windows 7 Pro, Firefox 3.5.5 this kills most of my other Browser extensions. I ordinarily run Wordreference Translator, Gtranslate, Addblock Plus and Xmarks. When your Wolfram extension is installed, the context menu for my translate extensions goes blank, and when I try to disable your Wolfram extension, the browser crashes completely requiring a computer restart to restore it.

On the other hand, the extension is really nice, and integrates pretty smoothly into Google results. I like it, you should just make it play nicer with others.

This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.9). 

Compatibility

Hi Mattolejack,
Thanks for posting your feedback. I've installed the same addons and I had some issues with Gtranslate (context menu is blank or is connecting to Google) but I got the same errors whether Wolfram Alpha Google was installed or not. So I don't think this is a compatibility issue. I don't have a Windows 7 machine to test this on though (tested on Vista) but I don't think that would be the issue.

I looked into the Gtranslate code a bit and there are some Javascript errors related to JSON. Perhaps the author could use Firefox's internal JSON parser instead. I also noticed that it works for some languages but then not for others. There are also more global variables than are probably necessary which can often lead to extension conflicts. Perhaps you could submit a bug on that developers website: http://code.google.com/p/gtranslate/issues/list

If you are still certain that the problem is related to Wolfram Alpha Google please email me and we can go from there.