- by Firefox user 14068806, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Very useful if you run Firefox using multiple browser profiles, this add-on tells me the name of the profile being used by the open window! Perfect! Thanks, much appreciated!
- by Firefox user 13633717, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5You have no idea how much this helps. Firstly it is responsibility of Firefox to add window re-ordering and changing titles. Such a obvious basic thing. I can't thank you enough for this!!!!!!!!!!
- by Matto, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on does one thing and it does it well. I wish this were part of the core firefox capability but it is not.
This add-on is a very simple and user-friendly way to get powerful labeling of your windows, so you can go straight to the one you want without having to remember which last-focused tab's title corresponds to the window you want.
Especially useful if you have a lot of windows and tabs and want to group tabs together by related content in certain windows.
- by Firefox user 16224331, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5The existing excellent reviews are hard to fault! - a great utility and I am so glad to have found it.
If I could add an observation, it is this: I keep wanting to reorder the list of Windows that are presented when you hover over the Firefox Icon (in Windows) - that would make a fine enhancement imo. A right-mouse-click to the context-menu could present "Sort" and offer the following "by" options: Alphabetically, and chronologically (by creation date, by last modification date & by last used date).
You might even be able to add a drag & drop facility too?
Thanks so much for building and offering this Tomasz - it makes it possible to work efficiently with hundreds of open tabs.
Also, the developer of All Tabs Helper, Kevin Jones, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/all-tabs-helper/reviews/ has retired from duty and is encouraging developers to fork his code to continue as they wish with that marvelous product. Perhaps some features would make great enhancements to Windows Titler?
One that immediately comes to mind is another context menu offering to kill all active sessions - IE to stop them robbing bandwidth. That saved me from rebooting on many occassions so it must have released the memory consumed too.
The other obvious one is to add functions to that described above to facilitate drag and drop of tabs *between* windows.
Thanks again :-))
- by Xgenei, a year agoRated 5 out of 5AUTHOR PLEASE READ SUGGESTION
You NEED We NEED World NEEDS
you to add the word "RENAME" prominently so it shows up on the search: "Rename Window" -
Missed this since I switched 'puters. Works great. Occasionally goes tilt - don't panic - restart FF.
- by Konrad Papala, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Combined with KDE's "Activities", and the "Simple tab groups" extension, and a few other things not related to FX, this extension finally allows me to have multiple "workspaces" all easily distinguishable.