- Rated 5 out of 5Rather useful addon. Thank you!
- Rated 5 out of 5C x
- Rated 5 out of 5Great extension!
- Rated 5 out of 5the ability to look ahead gives you you the opportunity to get an "I thought that was what it meant" or a "Duh -- Glad I looked that up" without having to leave the primary page you were on. 'Cool Previews; enabled the pop-up,when desired, of whatever page any link pointed to in a user-selected size box. Anyone know of a modern version of this extension?
Developer responseposted a year agoYepp, the current beta of this extension: https://github.com/NiklasGollenstede/wikipedia-peek/releases
I really need to get around to patching up the lat missing pieces and releasing it.
- Rated 5 out of 5very comfortably
- Rated 4 out of 5This add-on was great for sites like Wikipedia and Fandom, and it still is. But I wish you could update the animation so that it looks fancier as well as give users a way to manually set the themes through the add-on settings page.
Also, since Wikipedia now has it's own built-in link preview feature, this add-on kind of interferes with it. The add-on is still really useful on websites like Wikia, but it would be nice if there is a way to disable this add-on for specific websites.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoYeah, I know I need to update this extension, I just can't seem to find the time for it,
There is a beta version that changes some of the things you ask for: https://github.com/NiklasGollenstede/wikipedia-peek/releases
If you read this and have some time, it would be great if you could test the beta version and give me feedback, especially on the usability of the settings page.
- Rated 4 out of 5Positiva.
- Rated 4 out of 5This works so great!
- Rated 5 out of 5Great extension, but the one built in to Wikipedia is available to everyone now, and this isn't needed anymore.
- Rated 3 out of 5Wikipedia has this already if you have an account, and dig though the beta features, but in this is a good implementation for those who do not want to sign in
- Rated 5 out of 5Simple to use and very reliable.
- Rated 5 out of 5Good