To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
WebSitePulse Site Recorder 1.5.13b.1-signed.1-signed Requires Restart
The WebSitePulse Site Recorder is an extension which provides an easy way to record, play, edit and save browser transactions.
About this Add-on
The recorder uses the Firefox engine (Gecko) and is able to record the following events:
- Page navigation;
- Clicking on certain elements (e.g. links, buttons, images, paragraphs, divs, etc.)
- Change events, form controls;
- Keyboard events on input and textarea elements;
- Pop-ups, new tabs;
- Events in frames;
Installing the extension
- Download the extension from Mozilla Add-ons and follow the installation instructions.
To complete the installation make sure to restart your browser.
- You can toggle the visibility of the Recorder Toolbar from your browser’s Options menu.
- To be able to upload the recorded transaction, make sure to enter your account username and API key. You can fill these in by selecting Options (from Recorder Menu) -> Monitoring (tab).
- Click the Record button. If you have already opened a website, you will be asked whether you want to record the page you are at. To begin from a different page, simply click Cancel and a new recording Tab will be opened automatically. Be advised that the Recorder will not record any events from the pages you have already opened.
If you would like to see detailed information about each step, click the Advanced button on the Recorder Toolbar.
- Start browsing following your desired scenario. Once you have finished, click the Stop button to stop the recording process.
- To replay the recorded script, click on the Play button. This will open a new window where you will be able to see how the recorded transaction is executed. Once the transaction is completed, a pop-up window with the transaction results will be displayed.
- To upload the recorded script click the Upload button and choose whether to add the transaction as a new target or replace an existing target.
- Don't forget to leave us your feedback by clicking the "Leave Feedback" button on the recorded toolbar.
Advanced Transaction Configuration
The Advanced button on the Recorder Toolbar opens a sidebar where you can see a detailed breakdown of all your actions.
Clicking on the Edit Step button at the bottom of the sidebar will display a control panel with the detailed information about the step you have selected:
- Info – shows the basic information about the selected event;
- Timing – this section allows you to control the delay of the step execution and to set a custom timeout value for the step.
- URL – here you can change the URL address of the selected step and/or enter server authentication credentials (username and password), if required.
- Keywords – this section allows you to define any keywords which should (or shouldn’t) be found in the content of the page. Be advised that the fields are case-sensitive.
- URL excluding – here you can enter any URLs which you do not want to be requested by our system;
- Monitoring – from this section you can enable server-specific options such as PING host on error and Traceroute on error.
- To delete a step from the script simply right-click on the selected step and choose the "Delete step" option.
Site Recorder Options
This menu defines the global settings of your Site Recorder.
The Player tab offers following options:
- Script timeout – define the maximum time for which the whole should be completed.
- Default step timeout – define the maximum time for which a step of the transaction should be executed;
- Delay between steps – define how long the system should wait before displaying the next step of the script.
- The First-visit experience tab allows you to discard any previously saved browser data during the recording (and playing) of the transaction. The First-visit experience option is enabled by default. To customize your options, simply uncheck the "First-visit experience" box and edit the settings to your liking.
- The Monitoring tab is the place where you should enter your WebSitePulse username and API key so that you can upload your recorded scripts directly into your WebSitePulse account.
- File menu – Allows you to start creating a new script, save a new or modified one or open a saved script for editing.
- Play menu – Shows an option to display the results from the last played script. You can then print the results or download them as an HTML file.
- Screenshot menu gives you the option to make a screenshot of any step of the script you are recording. You can save a screenshot only of the visible part of the page or of the whole page. The screenshot is saved as a PNG file.
- Leave Feedback – This button opens up a form where you can leave your comments and suggestions for our Site Recorder. You can also use this form to report any issues with the Site recorder. Checking the Apply Current Recording box will also attach your currently recorded script. We are looking forward to your feedback!
If you experience any difficulties or need assistance please contact us at
or 1-888-WSPULSE 24/7.