- by Firefox user 13348776, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I highly appreciate that you try to transform Scrapbook into a WebExtension. I have tons of data in Scrapbook X and followed all the instructions to install, migrate and capture, but in the current stage this is pure rocket science to install and use.
I am stuck with the data in my Download folder, can't capture, have no sidebar to display and search my data and I have no idea how to get any functionality from it, so I give up. If there's a small chance to re-enable the usability of Scrapbook X you should go this way.
Note: My one star rating is not at all meant to discourage you but to reflect the current stage of usability. Of course this will be changed when the usability rises. Thanks for your work!
- by Firefox user 13523201, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Twice I tried to use the indexer to index my Scrapbook X archive and the resulting tree doesn't display any of my saved pages. It is basically empty. Tried to open tree/frame.html and tree/map.html but it made no difference.
To answer Danny Lin's questions:
I copied the original folder to a new location and then the 1st time I selected to open a folder and selected it and the 2nd time I dragged and dropped it on the indexer page.
I picked to index the ScrapBook folder, the one that contains the data folder and the rdf files.
Output of indexer:
Got directory 'ScrapBook'. Inspecting files...
Found 279110 files. Found 'scrapbook.rdf' for legacy ScrapBook. Importing... Inspecting data files... Inspecting metadata... Inspecting TOC... Adding new items to TOC... Inspecting favicons... Checking for created and updated files... Generating fulltext cache... Creating cache for '20120308204342'... Creating cache for '20160405214414'... Creating cache for '20140803112931'... Creating cache for '20150301111333'... Creating cache for '20140607214937'... Creating cache for '20120408181737'... Creating cache for '20150610205548'... Creating cache for '20150804222048'...
Creating cache for '20151213141303'... Creating cache for '20151109181126'... Creating cache for '20140919193509'... Creating cache for '20170116200240'... Generating zip file... If the download doesn't start, click me. Done.
The ScrapBook.zip contains the following:
Length Date Time Name
--------- ---------- ----- ----
0 2017-12-30 04:15 tree/
2651584 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/meta.js
132501 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/toc.js
9949 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/map.html
526 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/frame.html
21474 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/search.html
0 2017-12-30 04:15 tree/icon/
807 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/icon/toggle.png
661 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/icon/search.png
281 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/icon/collapse.png
279 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/icon/expand.png
523 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/icon/external.png
502 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/icon/item.png
752 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/icon/fclose.png
790 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/icon/fopen.png
445 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/icon/note.png
515 2017-12-29 22:15 tree/icon/postit.png
60927503 2017-12-29 22:22 tree/fulltext.js
63749092 18 filesPlease provide more detail: Where do you save web pages to? How do you run the indexer (by dropping or by selecting a folder or a file)? Which is the folder you pick to index? What is the output of the indexer?
Do you see a list of your captured pages when you open tree/frame.html or tree/map.html? If yes, the indexing seems successful. Just note that the zip only contains the "list" part, and you need to extract them into your ScrapBook folder (so that your ScrapBook folder has data/, tree/, etc.), or each link to the page will show nothing.
- by Anach, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5The interface for this add-on is terribly user-unfriendly compared to the Scrapbook add-on. The primary thing I wanted it for was to read my old data, like everyone else here, which you would think would be the primary feature and something done automatically, especially during the migration stage of a new add-on, but instead I have to mess around with an import feature that has multiple convoluted steps and doesn't even work properly.
I've followed the import function to generate a site index, for a copy of my old Scrapbook folder within my /one drive/documents/WebScrapBook folder. I am unable to drag and drop like the instructions suggest, because the interface automatically closes upon losing focus. The folder select button was my only other option, but upon using that, nothing happens at all.If you simply want to view the ScrapBook X data, using the "output HTML tree" feature would be an easier approach. (But you have to get an old-Firefox-like browser with ScrapBook X installed, of course.)
If want to add new data to the tree, you do have to transfer to Web ScrapBook and dig in the site indexing feature. It seems like you met a bug on your platform, but it just doesn't happen on our (and probably most users') machine, and you'd have to provide more detail for us to debug.
Please provide your OS, browser, and Web ScrapBook name and versions. And a more detailed steps to reproduce the issue (a short movie or a series of screenshots would be helpful). Also check the browser console for an error message when nothing happens as expected when you've picked a folder.
It'd be better to post the issue in our issue tracker (https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/issues) since the AMO feedback area is not good enough to propagate an issue.
Sorry for not being friendly enough for the UI, since there's too many things to be implemented, and we need a lot more time to optimize the UI. If you have a specific suggestion it's also welcomed to share it.
- by Firefox user 13354063, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5非常好的应用，firefox升级后一直在寻找替代品，这个基本功能是可能满足了。有个小问题想请作者能不能解决下，选项里如果勾选“将获取数据保存于剪贴簿中”，将自动保存网页，但是其文件名是自动分配的一串数字；如果不勾选，会提示选取保存地址，并且以网页标题为保存文件的文件名。我希望能够自动保存时，以网页标题作为文件名，如何实现？
- by Alex, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Неудобный интерфейс. Нет стабильности в работе. Не все страницы сохраняет. Нарушается формат страницы. Тестировал на FireFox 57, Win 7 x64.
Возможность выбора места ( каталога ) сохранения страницы очень полезна ( удобна ), особенно при использовании функции ScrapBook AutoSave.
На данный момент остаюсь на ScrapBook X.If possible, please provide more detail when Web ScrapBook doesn't work as expected. Such as the web page URL and your capture settings. Better report to our issue tracker (as the description says).
- by css0101, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Thank you for continuing the original extension. But it's still a bit inconvenient to use. Why does it ask me about the path to save the file? Where can I specify the folder for the database of saved pages? How to quickly view saved pages?
The old extension was convenient because of the ease of use. The page is not so difficult to maintain as standard browser tools.
And I would like to have a connector for the base from the old extension. I have a large database of saved pages. I think not only I have one.Captures are saved to the ScrapBook folder if (and only if) "Save captured data to ScrapBook folder" is checked, and you can then use the site indexer to build a site index (page list) for them. You can also build a site index of the ScrapBook folder made from legacy ScrapBook (X). For further info see: https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/wiki/Indexer
- by Firefox user 13540500, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5可以瀏覽以前儲存的資料嗎？
另外，強烈譴責 mozilla.org ！好好的一堆工具硬生生停用，沒有任何相容措施（至少讓用戶選擇保留沒問題的工具），罔顧客戶使用體驗與權益！！
- by Yinyong, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Nada como la versión anterior. Esto es un desastre. No sirve. Es un problema para "ver" lo guardado!!!!!
Sugerencia: Cambiar el nombre de la extensión por "Web CRAPbook"