Rated 4.7 out of 5
4.7 Stars out of 5
- by Bob Malooga, 2 days agoRated 4 out of 5Forcing your own personal password requirements on a tool that is 100% local is bogus.
EDIT: Saw the option after setting it, that does help, but is needless to begin with. Just let us set whatever we want from the beginning.
Developer responseposted 18 hours agoI disagree. Local or not - good default password requirements pros outweigh the relative minor con of going to the options page to disable them if you so choose. I appreciate the feedback though!
- by ServerMind, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Love this extension, does exactly what I was hoping it'd do. Was wondering if there would be an android version that we can look forward to in the foreseeable future?
Developer responseposted a month agoUnfortunately that's not up to me, it's up to the Firefox for Android developers to allow extensions access to bookmarks. Right now it's simply not supported by the Android browser itself.
- by Firefox user 13042614, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5I'm rating this 5/5 because it's awesome and mandatory these days.
Q1. Is it possible to add an option to hide the toolbar icon (and any other UI reference to this extension) if "Disable Private Bookmarks outside of private browsing" is enabled?
Q2. Or maybe it is possible to show the icon on the toolbar only in private window?
Developer responseposted 3 months agoUnfortunately Firefox does not allow extensions to do this. What you could do is remove the button yourself through the right click -> customize menu and access the extension through keyboard shortcuts. By default this is Alt+Shift+8.
- by CampFireMan, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5So far this plugin is great! THANKS YOU SIR. It behaves just as promised. Just some questions or ideas:
- Is there a keyboard shortcut for creating private bookmarks?
- When bookmarks unlocked in private Window they become visible in normal session (as long as private session is unlocked)
Developer responseposted 3 months ago- By default it is Ctrl+Shift+8, as mentioned in the description. You can customize this through Firefox' add-ons menu -> gear icon -> manage extension shortcuts.
- Yes that is true. While unlocked Private Bookmarks behave just like any other bookmark.
- Feel free to ask any further questions on the issue tracker (https://github.com/rharel/webext-private-bookmarks/issues)
- by derek400004, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great add-on!! But I got a quick question - I currently use Ctrl + Shift + Space to activate the unlock menu, but what about macOS? Thank you!
Developer responseposted 4 months agoI'm not sure I understand the question - maybe because I've never owned a Mac. It should be possible to customize your shortcuts through Firefox' add-ons menu -> gear icon -> manage extension shortcuts.
- by bhavikm98, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5I've just installed this so not had a chance to use it yet. I'm trying to move the "Private Bookmarks" folder from Other Bookmarks to the Bookmarks Toolbar but it doesn't let me. I can't click, hold and drag the folder there. Nor does right-clicking do anything. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Any advice?
EDIT: Yes, thank you rharel, the cmd shift B method worked! Not sure why Firefox doesn't let me do it any other way