To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
I am sorry to announce that I have decided to quit developing Firefox extensions.
You can read the complete announcement on my website.
Thanks for all the love and support in the past 7 years!
Search the web the way you like.
* Introducing a new and inovative way to search the web: Drag & DropZones, just drag text on any website, and drop it in one of your 16, 36 or even 64 fully customizable DropZones, and your search will be started
* Introducing Quick Type Search, easily and quickly select your Search Engine(s) and search using just your keyboard (mouse also supported)
* Search the web using a toolbar, through the context menu, keyboard only, with the Quick Type Search popup, or using the brand new Drag & DropZones.
* All Web Search Pro features are completely optional, if you only like 1 of it's features you can disable the rest of them by a single click.
* Supports the Mycroft Sherlock and OpenSearch formats so you can use all (10.000+) Search Engines from mycroft.mozdev.org and other Search Engine websites.
* Manage your own groups of Search Engines so you can create more specific groups then the defaul Movies, Music, Computer and Technology, etc. groups.
* Select as many Search Engines as you like, and make a suggestion if your favourite is not yet on my list.
* Select how you want your search engine menu to be displayed, flat, grouped by type, or a list separated by type.
* Assisted Search Engine suggesting, just right click on a search field on any site, and suggest that engine for Web Search Pro
* When you visit a website that supports the Open Search format, you can automatically add that site as a Search Engine to your Web Search Pro through a statusbar icon.
* A stylish resizable toolbar with optional Search button (add it in the View/Toolbars/Customize menu).
* Search engines use the official site's favicon, so you can always easyly recognize which search engine you are using. Or just select one of your own icons to use as the Search Engine's icon.
* Completely modify each Search Engine, label, type, favicon, and shortcut key.
* Drag & Drop Search Engine ordering, works in the options screen and in all search engine menus.
* Export and Import all your Web Search Pro preferences.
* Uses Google Labs new Google Suggest feature to show you suggestions while you are typing in the search box
* FastFind, press SHIFT + ENTER when searching for text on a page to search the web using the currently selected Search Engine (even faster when you enable "Search when I start typing in Tools/Options/Advanced)
* Easy to maintain list of your search engines, just 1 click to add, 1 click to remove a search engine from your list. Also includes 2 quick sort buttons to sort your list ascending/descending
* Currently has 5904 validated search engines.
* Help me keep all Search Engines in working order by reporting the ones that are broken in 1 click.
* Also allows you to add private Search Engines, you can use these for engines I denied, or intranet search engines.
* Available in: en-US, nl-NL, es-ES, ca-AD, it-IT, de-DE, pt-BR, fr-FR, ja-JP, tr-TR, es-AR, sk-SK, pt-PT, da-DK, zh-CN, ru-RU, uk-UA, af-ZA, hr-HR, sv-SE, ko-KR, zh-TW, pl-PL, gl-ES
This extension was know as [Movies and Music Search] until version 1.56.
You can select more Search Engines from http://websearchpro.captaincaveman.nl
**Text I search for is displayed as ?????***
Because the WSPro Search Engine format did not yet support encoding, I choose to use UTF-8 for all engines. Since version 18.104.22.168 a per Search Engine encoding is supported so if you find a Search Engine that does not work in your encoding, please report it to me.
***Can't select search engines***
*** Note to Firefox 1.5 users ***
Since 1 feature I use for the Search Engine favicons did not make it into Firefox 1.5 I had to use an older routine for this. This routine is unfortunately quite slow, so when you start Firefox after you have installed WSPro it will take quite some time to load 1-5 minutes. This should happen only the very first time, so please just wait.
For detailed help and information, visit my personal forum: http://forum.captaincaveman.nl
Or the MozillaZine forum: