- by Aruy, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Esta extensión es genial. En mi experiencia de uso, cuando todos los intentos por recibir novedades de un sitio vía RSS fallan, ofrece una alternativa para estar informado de cambios en un sitio web. Incluso tiene un selector de campo para ubicar específicamente el sector que nos interesa.
This extension is great. In my experience of use, when all attempts to receive news from a site via RSS fail, offers an alternative to be informed of changes on a website. It even has a field selector to specifically locate the sector that interests us.
- by slalalavka, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5My Firefox 75.0 version of "Web pages scanner 2.0" stopped working while I returned to the old version.
- by circcc, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5'Web pages scanner' UI is better than similar 'SiteDelta Watch'.
But this addon have a big weak point.
I used "Scan a part of the page" option for software update version number check of webpages, but this addon save entire page content regardless of that option, so you can see backup file is so big size. but SiteDelta Watch just save a part of the page, so size is small. I have hundreds of lists for software updates check, then this is a big problem in performance and manage.
- by Firefox user 11736090, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5I find this extension vital in my job. I work at a large university at a remote location. I scan a number of web pages that include procedures and policies for changes. Since the outbreak of the coronavirus, I have been scanning pages that include COVID-19 dashboards and fast changing procedures.
- by Firefox user 16147215, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Хорошее дополнение. Нкжно сделать выбор файла при импорте страниц. Так как в UNIX выдаёт ошибку: "Not found a folder called вв. Check that the name is correct. The size of letters is important."
- by Firefox user 14735373, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5这个扩展太赞了，监测网址备份、一键检测重复网站、自动打开标签页，完全契合我的需求！对我而言，比Distill Web Monitor更好用，支持作者！
I like this extension, especially the website backup, one-click detection of duplicate websites, automatic opening of tabs, but recently found 2 bugs:
1. Checked the tab to open automatically, but when the webpage is updated, it often fails. Automatically open the tab page; 2. When manually checking whether the monitoring content is updated, it is often "not clicked after clicking".
I need to monitor a lot of websites, about 80, the above 2 bugs do not know whether it has something to do with it? I am looking forward to the author to solve these two small problems, thank you!
- by a3overgaauw, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Again I am able to follow the pages in Firefox in which new add-ons are anounced. I followed the instructions of the developer (see below) and so I am back in line and it feels good. Developer, thank you, 5-stars well-deserved!
I used this excellent page scanner in internal Firefox webpages, concerning Extensions and Themes. Since recently this add-on does not work here anymore. Probably due to intern Firefox matter, it is a pity.
5 months ago I gave this Web pages scanner 5 stars, and that will not change, but I will not use this add-on anymore.
- by SweepsGuyWinner, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5This Is Fantastic! This Is Awesome! I'm a Sweeper and I enter over 600 Dailys, but I also need to monitor 1000s of sites for changes to find more sweeps to enter. So far I have tested with approximately 100 sites, waited 24 hours and sure enough-Web pages scanner detected a change on every page. The affect on the browser resources is unnoticable, even though this is Firefox.
-Although, I believe in my extreme use I should expect a hit on resources and performance to Firefox.
-Web pages scanner works with Active Server Pages(asp)
What I would like to see in future releases:
-Adding New items directly to Folders
-Set Global and Folder Settings as well as Individual Settings
-Run when the browser is idle
(complete)-A Pause option, instead of having to Disable
-Nesting of folders within folders
Looking forward to a 5 Star moment for the future.
- by Gone Postal, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Much-needed replacement for UpdateScanner. Thanks.
Would it be possible in a future release to allow for personalised notification sounds rather than the supplied sound?
- by Firefox user 13187069, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Previously I used Update Scanner, but that extension was getting old. This one has much better integration in gnome(linux), including native notifications. It's simple and powerful.
The last update lets you turn down, or turn off, notification sounds. Notifications cannot be set to permanent but you can choose to automatically open changes in a new tab.
- by Zitronella, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Hi, thank you for your extension. I have a suggestion. The notification-sound is to loud! Could you please add that i can mute it or make it quiter or choose another sound.
- by Smartfon, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks for this addon. Please consider the following.
1. When I add a Reddit page to monitor list then click to show the new vs old changes, the page's CSS isn't rendered properly. I only see text.
2. When I do this on other websites, the page's CSS is renedered properly and I can see the page normally, but it doesn't highlight only changed parts. All text is yellow.
3. Any chance you could allow us to monitor specific parts/elements of the page?
Developer responseposted 4 years ago1. This bug will be fixed in the next version.
2. The script compares the DOM nodes. If, for example, in a paragraph will be changed one letter, the entire paragraph is highlighted. In the future, I would like to improve it, or use a better script that compares.
3. Currently, this function is not planned.