Rated 3.9 out of 5
3.9 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 14731802, 23 days agoRated 2 out of 5The “Page not available?” site opens even for some sites that work perfectly fine and prevents visiting these sites completely and this feature can't be disabled in favor of only manually visiting a site's archive.
Also the context menu entry only works for the current page, even if you right-clicked a link. I would've expected to be taken to the archive of the site the link leads to, but that could just be me.
- by Minteck Projects, a month agoRated 1 out of 5One of the worst extensions I ever seen. Replace the error message of some pages (so you don't know which error it is), prevents us to it F5 to reload the page (we can't even find it in the history) and sometimes redirect even if the page is working.
- by Firefox user 15790117, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5As a Web Developer I have clients that come to me after losing their website to hackers, just need a redesign, or use to have a website but want to use data from that. Way Back Machine has allowed us to find content from way way back and we thank you for that.
- by Ammon, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Just like anything worthwhile, it takes learning how to use this "tool" correctly. Despite a few comments I've seen.....it's not hard to use if you spend some time to learn what it does and how to correctly implement it's abilities. I find, when I find NO results for an item I KNOW is out there, I just rename my search or change to text and it gives me all the answers to what I am looking for without having to guess or give up. Great app.
- by sdschramm, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5Very annoying, this add on keeps popup up and taking over webpages that are not down and normally would load fine. Sounds like others are having the same issue. I guess I'll have to remove this if the developers are not going to fix it.
- by Firefox user 14993197, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5This app is pretty useful when for some reason you want to access a link that is dead or you want to read posts from a specific time in the past. However I think this addon really needs a setting to specify how long it needs to wait until it pops up, as well as a website specific disable feature, as it often breaks CloudFlare protections, popping up before CloudFlare gets a chance to load. For some websites you can just close the popup, annoying but not a big problem, however on some sites, closing the popup forces CloudFlare to restart loading, the popup appears again, and it's an endless loop. Ideally it should have an option so it wouldn't even popup, and would have an option to only load Wayback Machine if I click the addon's icon.
- by Firefox user 14235053, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5I love this extension, but false positives in recent months have been really annoying, I sometimes needed to press Back up to five times to just be able to see the page I was reading.
- by active x, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5As others already mentioned there's a bug where it thinks the page failed to load when it didn't. If you just provide the option to disable this auto detection it would be great.
- by fncll, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5For the love of all that's holy, either fix the detection mechanism or provide an option to not detect and allow us to click when we want to search the archive for a page.