- by Pr0phet of Fear, 4 days agoRated 3 out of 5The functionality to archive and look up archived pages with this extension is great, but it need the option to disable the automatic detection. It is a false positive 99.9% of the time, and it stops the page from loading properly.
- by Edgar Onghena, 18 days agoRated 4 out of 5Great extension, but it *very often* replaces 100% functioning web pages with its annoying "Page not available" dialog box. I usually reload the page to fix this but I don't even understand how it's possible to mess up reading an HTTP status code... An less intrusive solution would be to show a banner.
- by asdkofoaweifiwae, 18 days agoRated 3 out of 5Please stop eating functional webpages!!!
This is a very useful utility but honestly #1 priority needs to allow me to disable the extension's automatic fetching utility where it straight up kills a perfectly healthy page for no reason.
For instance, I only use this page for the saving function.
This happens on an exceptionally regular basis.
- by Firefox user 13112025, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5Once worked fine, but for the past few months, it has got "Fail with status: 498 No Reason Phrase" error with Retry button, which fails all the time on firefox (waterfox as well). So, now this extension is quite useless and needs to be updated.
- by pelle, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5It's good but sometimes has false positives and thinks that a website is down when it isn't. In those cases there's no way around than to disable the extension. I wish they'd fix that.
But it's absolutely brilliant work the Internet Archive team are doing.
- by Firefox user 12632062, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5@treesap - thanks for the link to github wayback-machine-webextension 3.0. Me too had problems with the 1.8.6. version here. Did you manage to install the github webextension lasting longer than just temporarily? I failed. Every time I reopen my Waterfox (version G-3) the extension is gone.
- by 100YenHouse, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5ポップアップページがやや不快だが、ウェブサイトを手軽にセーブできる点は本当に優れている。
- by treesap, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Install this from the official GitHub repository, unless you want a buggy 3 years old release. The newer version has an improved UI, bugfixes, and more features. 5-stars for that version!
Old review (for this version): Super useful tool, but BADLY needs a bugfix. I basically have to keep this disabled until the times that I need it due to a significant bug that has been there for the 1+ year I've used it.
The issue is that sometimes the "Page not available" page is displayed for pages that are absolutely available! And the extension is very persistent--after this bug hits, the only way to view the live version of the webpage is to manually navigate to it (i.e. copy and re-paste the portion of the URL that contains the page I'm trying to visit—minus all the archive.org stuff.)
I periodically re-enable the extension to see if the problem is fixed, but no luck for the past 1+ years.
- by Patrice, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5Visiblement ils ne regardent pas les critiques et ne corrigent pas leur extension depuis 3 ans : https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/wayback-machine_new/reviews/?score=1
Comme dit plus bas : I love the internet archive and the wayback machine, but I had to disable this extension because it constantly gives me false positives and won't let me see pages that are live. At the very least it needs a button to "Show Live Page" so I can override it. But as of now it's impossible to override without disabling the extension entirely.
- by freakedenough, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5i would love to disable the automatic modal, it sometimes pops up even if websites load successfully (some interference with adblockers probably), which is annoying. yet i would love to have the toolbar icon.
- by crookm, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent extension, it's super useful.
Note that the current version is very outdated, three years out of date now. The github (/internetarchive/wayback-machine-webextension) shows that there is very active development, but changes are not being published to firefox like they are to chrome.
- by William , 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5I love the internet archive and the wayback machine, but I had to disable this extension because it constantly gives me false positives and won't let me see pages that are live. At the very least it needs a button to "Show Live Page" so I can override it. But as of now it's impossible to override without disabling the extension entirely :-(