Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by 100YenHouse, a day agoRated 4 out of 5ポップアップページがやや不快だが、ウェブサイトを手軽にセーブできる点は本当に優れている。
- by treesap, 6 days agoRated 3 out of 5Install this from the official GitHub repository, unless you want a buggy 3 years old release. The newer version has an improved UI, bugfixes, and more features. 5-stars for that version!
Old review (for this version): Super useful tool, but BADLY needs a bugfix. I basically have to keep this disabled until the times that I need it due to a significant bug that has been there for the 1+ year I've used it.
The issue is that sometimes the "Page not available" page is displayed for pages that are absolutely available! And the extension is very persistent--after this bug hits, the only way to view the live version of the webpage is to manually navigate to it (i.e. copy and re-paste the portion of the URL that contains the page I'm trying to visit—minus all the archive.org stuff.)
I periodically re-enable the extension to see if the problem is fixed, but no luck for the past 1+ years.
- by Patrice, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Visiblement ils ne regardent pas les critiques et ne corrigent pas leur extension depuis 3 ans : https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/wayback-machine_new/reviews/?score=1
Comme dit plus bas : I love the internet archive and the wayback machine, but I had to disable this extension because it constantly gives me false positives and won't let me see pages that are live. At the very least it needs a button to "Show Live Page" so I can override it. But as of now it's impossible to override without disabling the extension entirely.
- by freakedenough, a month agoRated 4 out of 5i would love to disable the automatic modal, it sometimes pops up even if websites load successfully (some interference with adblockers probably), which is annoying. yet i would love to have the toolbar icon.
- by crookm, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent extension, it's super useful.
Note that the current version is very outdated, three years out of date now. The github (/internetarchive/wayback-machine-webextension) shows that there is very active development, but changes are not being published to firefox like they are to chrome.
- by William , 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5I love the internet archive and the wayback machine, but I had to disable this extension because it constantly gives me false positives and won't let me see pages that are live. At the very least it needs a button to "Show Live Page" so I can override it. But as of now it's impossible to override without disabling the extension entirely :-(
- by Firefox user 16376297, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5It does what it is supposed to do, but also does it WHEN it is NOT supposed to. It is often triggered when my (overloaded) browser takes a bit longer to render a page, which is VERY annoying. What makes it worse, sometimes pages REALLY timeout if the server is down and this extension doesn't react to that. The additional minus point is the lack of any configuration options to, say increase the timeout or completely disable that "feature". Besides that, it would be nice to have it work from the context menu on links so the target pages could be instantly looked up on the Wayback Machine. All being said, I don't have much hope any of this will be fixed as I've seen many people have complained about the same problem and nothing has happened...
- by Firefox user 13797098, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5No option to modify how the app functions -- only enable/disable. Pops up MUCH too often, and seldom for the pages that I actually want to check the archive.
- by Firefox user 13452434, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5Very intrusive. Sometimes replaces entire webpage before it gets time to load.
It says it detects _annoying_ 404 pages and ironically itself is very annoying.