Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by pelle, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5I am so thankful for the work of Internet Archive and the idea behind this extension is good. However, it will often show the 'Page not available' message on pages that are actually available. This effectively blocks the page I was about to access and makes this extension unusable for me, sorry.
- by Lance, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Works sometimes, but is extremely irritating as this often opens for no reason, randomly. All features in the extension that are manual work perfectly, but the "down detection" is terrible.
- by J.M. Hardin, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5I used to love this addon but lately it's kicking in simply when going back and forth in a single tab's history when the page I'm going to has displayed beautifully within the last two minutes. Now I only enable it when I need it, which is a royal pain.
- by Mjone77, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Works great, except for it thinking that a working site is down and asking if I want to see an archived version. When this happens I have to spam the back button until it stops thinking the page is down.
Fixing this bug and/or preferably adding an option to disable automatic missing page recognition would make this a 5/5.
- by Firefox user 14280591, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5This addon is good for saving webpages that might go down in the future. However... it keeps redirecting to the "You want to see an archived version of this page?" over-zealously for any page. Especially if you use the back button it will recursively keep redirecting to the extension's page.
Stop this right now or I will just report and uninstall this addon!
- by Ward Muylaert, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5Like others have mentioned, I wish I could turn off its automatic dead page detection. The reason is simple, it seems to be overly zealous and/or outright wrong in what it considers a dead page. If I come across a dead page, I'd rather manually go and click the icon in the addon bar in order to get a recent version.
- by Firefox user 14565419, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5I find it really, really annoying that I cannot block it's popup for some sites. For example, Reddit is down right now. Every time I reload, it pops its obnoxious "you wanna see an archived version of this page?" thing. No matter how many times I dismiss the damned thing. I don't want an archived version of Reddit. Please give us a way to black list sites from this popup!
- by Firefox user 15184521, 7 months agoRated 2 out of 5It redirects many pages that are working just fine to the "Page not available screen", and there isn't a way to disable that part of the addon. I really like the ability to open a page in the wayback machine, but this addon gets in the way of my regular browsing too much.
- by Danny Lin, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5The current version has an issue that it frequently consider a working web page as 404 and redirects it to addon page, especially when URL change or go back/forward, which is very annoying.