Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by Baptiste Mille-Mathias, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Great functionalities
Some features I'd like to see
* tag suggestions taken from the page tag when it has its own tags
* more responsive for tagging completion (it seems to be a bit slow to fetch them)
* when wallabag is unable to parse the article, the extension should notify wallabag developer on behalf of user.
- by Stranger46, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great alternative to Pocket. I bought their own instance for 9€ / year, great deal!
To use it, and also to solve the problems about "not working with latest Firefox" etc., you simply need to go your wallabag website, and Create a new Client (in "API clients management"). That's all. It will solve any problem with "not saving" also.
Good job devs!
- by HdInfAutre, 9 months agoRated 1 out of 5Does not work with latest version of firefox!
I disabled the addons;
I do not have a button to save the page.
I have the message "Registering the page in wallabag ..."
If you could solve this problem?
No I did not try on a new profile because I already spent time to understand: disabling add-ons, closing browsers, testing on 2 profiles
I use FF 69.0.2 with ubuntu 18.04.3
- by Firefox user 14989594, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Configuring it is super counter intuitive. I have a paid hosting on app.wallabag.it and yet setting up the addon needs to create a client on the website, pasting it back on the addons settings page and still entering the password anyways, or maybe not, very unclear. I then realized that before setting it up it was not saving anything. So I just LOST all the pages I bookmarked before figuring out how to connect the plugin to my account. And the wallabag plugin doesn't indicate in anyways that it is linked to a server or not. No color change, no error messages. So I was just casually bookmarking pages with the idea that they were getting saved....But they are gone. Now that I linked to the server, I was hopping that it would sync a kind a local buffer, but no luck with that.. Wallabag is great, but the Firefox addon is just crap.
Developer responseposted a year agoHi there,
We are really sorry to ear that your experience was not great enough and you are absolutely right about your issues. We just released a new version opening the settings page after the extensions being installed. We will try to display a better warning when configuration is not ok.
Thanks a lot for helping us to understand what our users need.
Have a nice day and we hope that your current daily experience is better.
- by Firefox user 14982081, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Wallabag is an adequate substitute for Pocket, being fully open source, and with the ability to self host it if you don't want to trust the two main hosted instances.
It's not quite as slick as Pocket, but I find that goes for many, otherwise perfectly usable, open source equivalents for commercial products and services. What let's it down though it the complexity of configuring the add-on with your account credentials.
The instructions could be clearer as to what to do exactly when you have an account with
3) self hosted
While self hosting is beyond the skills of ordinary users, many users of the aforementioned hosted instances still won't have a clue what an API is or how to set up a client.
I could not give Wallabag and the Wallabagger add-on to my family and most of my friends, without having to do the configuration for them. With Pocket no such problem.
This is a pitfall of many open source products, many of which are created to scratch an itch for the developer, who by definition is technical enough to not need a user friendly UI.
As this add-on works well, once configured, I've only docked one star; more hand holding for novice users and a slicker presentation and overall experience is all that stops this from earning a fully 5 star rating.
- by Firefox user 13603812, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5The module works fine on my Linux laptop with Firefox 60 but I can't configure it on Firefox for Android as the configuration fields are not visible: I can see the labels but not the fields.
Edit: I rotated the screen and added the url of my own wallabag server then clicked on "test url" but nothing happened... (Checked also with app.wallabag.it, nothing happened too)
Version 1.5.0 of the module
Edit2 Also the howto page gives an error:
Sorry, something went terribly wrong!
E_WARNING - session_write_close(): write failed: No space left on device (28)
Edit Jan. 17, 2019: Hello, thanks for the answer. Indeed, the help page now works but not the add-on, sadly. Still exactly the same problem: still need to rotate the phone for displaying (at least partially) the parameters and the "test url" link does absolutely nothing even with the app.wallabag.it link.
Furthermore, the help only speaks of a Chrome add-on, not the Firefox one... Is it working on Android Firefox?
- by Firefox user 14260872, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5EDIT/ADDENDUM:
(replying to Simounet, below) Thanks for the fast reply! (I can't figure out how to 'reply' to 'replies' so doing it here....)
I'm using Firefox 61.0.2 and Chromium 59.0.3071.109 on Ubuntu 16.10
I installed Wallabag on subdomain my shared hosting server via a one-click installer, and after fussing with the url (it wanted https://mysubdomain.com/web/ and not just https://mysudomain.com even though it is installed in root directory) IT WORKED. And it works great! Five stars for this and fast replies.
One suggestion: It would be great to mention somewhere really obvious on the wallabag site that these one-click installers for wallabag exist for shared hosting set-ups... It didn't even occur to me until I stumbled across a mention on a random blog-post... the instructions here: https://doc.wallabag.org/en/admin/installation/installation.html#on-shared-hosting
they are pretty crytpic....
thanks! recommend this, but be prepared for some fussiness maybe
Hi! Just getting started with Wallabagger and Wallabag today... really love it... in theory... :)
I can get Android Wallabagger to sync my (trial) account app.wallabag.it no problem, this is great.
I _can't_ get Firefox or Chromium Wallabagger extension to sync at all... I press 'check URL' and nothing happens; nothing in the console or anything. I tried disabling all extensions, fresh install of Chromium etc. (tips gleaned from various forums) and still nothing.
However, when I test connect to Framabag.org, it works! (I don't have a key, so it just shows me Chuck Norris etc.) Also, the bookmarklet works fine, but would be really interested in being able to tag etc.
Anyone else having this problem? Any tips? Fully, fully ready to 5 star this if I can get it to work...
Apologies for cross-posting.
EDIT: (replying to SImounet, below) Thanks for the fast reply! Apologies I can't
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHi,
Can you tell us which version of Firefox and Chromium are you using?
Can you try to install it on a fresh Firefox profile please?
We will try to help you as much as we can to make it work for you.
- by Firefox user 12939510, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great app, good working plugin.
Just get rid of the shared secret authentication stuff and make the register screen easier to find.
People use logins and simple steps to setup accounts these days...