Rated 3.7 out of 5
3.7 Stars out of 5
- by plf, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5This add-on is shit. It can't connect automatically, even though it claims it can. It forces you to connect to "optimal" server, which is usually very slow and unstable
- by Firefox user 16484887, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5Unfortunately, this VPN provider can't be recommended.
Initial server connection times are not impressive and once the connection is established, the average speed isn't impressive, let alone stable, by any standard, in fact, it's frequently awful to the degree that e.g. streaming content often pauses as buffers can't be filled rapidly enough. Completely useless.
I've tried several other VPN providers over the years, but KeepSolid's Unlimited solution is by far the worst, it's even worse than some of the free providers on the market, which says everything about KeepSolid's standards, or complete lack of same.
Furthermore, I've purchased the product as being "Unlimited" as far as use is concerned, however, when you read the fine print afterward, you'll realize that a so-called 'fair use' clause is in effect, which essentially means that the promise of "unlimited use" is just a downright lie by the provider, since unlimited always means unlimited, period. That KeepSolid apparently is too ignorant to grasp this fact raises other questions about their service and product, one of which would be the true KeepSolid meaning/interpretation of e.g. their allegedly 'no-log-policy', to just mention a single example.
My advice; stay far, far away from this provider and their 'bargains' and 'discounts' or whatever they call their traps designed only to make users waste good money on this inferior product of theirs.
- by Ole Tange, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5I have used competing PureVPN before, and I had hoped KeepSolid would be better.
KeepSolid is rather slow at connecting. It does not connect automatically (even with auto connect enabled, which is disabled ever so often), and it disconnects every now and then. It does not have a list of your preferred (or even last used) countries, so you need to click a lot more. It does not remember your password, and Firefox cannot autofill the field.
The VPN speed is OK: 100 Mbps.
- by Art_9, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5+ Good speed.
- When you close and then start the browser - the extension is in the status of connection (infinite) - in fact it is connected but there is no 100% certainty that everything is fine, after a shutdown and turning on everything works fine.
- When the PC enters sleep mode (the browser does not close) and then leaves sleep, the connection does not automatically resume (all traffic goes directly) + the selected server is reset to the optimum ..
- There is no whitelist mode - for a number of sites I need a direct connection. For example for YouTube
It is a pity, but in its current form, the extension is not usable.