To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
ViewMarks 184.108.40.206-signed.1-signed Requires Restart
by Michael Koch
Browse your bookmarks visually: create, edit, and manage preview images for all your bookmarks. Use bookmark images as a speed dial on newly opened tabs. Quickly transfer bookmarks, links and texts to your mobile phone using QR codes.
About this Add-on
- New preview image size of 384 x 288 pixel
- Get missing preview images for all bookmarks in background
- Searchable visual history, create bookmarks from history items
- Trash folder for bookmarks, restore bookmarks after deletion
- Extended search function
- Show, edit and search tags
- Overlay bar for bookmarks and folders to quickly edit and delete items
- Optional rating system for bookmarks
- Native fast preview image creation (Windows)
- Changed database format for more robust operation
- Show full size thumbnails in tooltip information (optional)
- Get QR code of active document by hovering over url bar symbol
- Dynamic display of bookmark folder content only loads preview images when scrolled into view
Browse your bookmarks visually
ViewMarks offers an alternate way to organize and use your existing bookmarks. When you create a bookmark, a preview image is automatically captured and saved. You can then use a web page view of your bookmark folders, navigate through them, rearrange items with drag and drop, move and copy between folders, edit title, url, keywords and description, search items, and of course open bookmarks and bookmark folders in the same or a new tab or in a new window. The whole preview image database can be exported and imported as and from a JSON file.
You can open different bookmark folder in different tabs and directly link to them. Missing preview images are automatically captured when opening a bookmarked web page. All preview images can also be copied to the clipboard and loaded from file.
Using the new version 2 you can retrieve missing preview images for all bookmarks in background.
Use bookmark images as speed dial
The Add-on can also be used as a speed dial: you can configure new empty tabs to be opened with the most visited or the recently visited bookmarks or any other bookmark folder you like. You can also configure any URL you like your new tabs to be opened with, e.g. your favorite search engine. This way you can fully configure the New Tab Feature on Firefox 13.
Transfer bookmarks, links and texts
As an additional bonus, ViewMarks can now display the QR code of the bookmark link and - from the context menu of the web page - the QR codes of the document, the link and image link you click on and of any selected text (up to a limit of 2048 characters). This is an easy way to transfer links and texts to your mobile phone or tablet. Every code image can also be copied to the clipboard and saved to disk as an image file.