To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
This capture method is used in two new features:
- Browsing session capture: an easy way to make web sites demo videos. The add-on captures the visible part of a browser window and optionally, is able to highlight the mouse.
- Applet capture: the add-on analyzes the loaded page to detect Flash and video regions big enough to be considered as capturable content and creates new entries in the detected hits list. Passing the mouse over those entries highlights the related region in the page so you know what you are about to capture.
Other minor fixes and additions:
- optionally use browser's default download directory instead of VDH specific one
- optionally display VDH controls from the Tools menu
- optionally allows prefixing gallery captured files with incremental number
- MP2T capture can now be configured from the settings
- conversion output profiles can now be configured from the settings
- if converter is not installed, place ADP variants detected from the network at the bottom of the list
- MP2T Streaming capture: record some chunked streamed videos
- Twitter Periscope Auto-recorder: auto-capture Periscope live streams
- Toolbar button modes: main toolbar button in now optional
- Optional main panel compact display mode
- Improved smartnaming including obfuscated file names
- New localizations
- e10s compatible
- Many fixes
It fixes the problem 4.9.24 had with downloading since Firefox 36, provide an entirely new user interface, many more video variants, ...
Enjoy your new Video DownloadHelper !
Fixed a number of issues with YouTube
After some changes in YouTube on August 6th, a number of users reported that all downloads were failing. This was caused by a a Youtube-generated cookie. The workaround consisting of clearing the cookies before downloading was not very convenient. This addon version takes care of that issue.
Earlier this year, some other changes at YouTube caused the FLV videos downloaded through the 'network' method to have a fixed 1.7MB size and being unplayable. This is now taken care of.
video conversion feature.
direct screen capture feature.
Fixed missing toolbar dropmarker arrow in some cases
Fixed broken SmartNaming definition
From version 4.9 to 4.9.1
Fixed bug #335: Toolbar icon does not activate.
Fixed bug #337: Wrong key mapping.
- Introduced new capture method as a beta feature: direct screen capture. This makes Video DownloadHelper compatible with any site displaying videos with a flash player. Check details here.
- Improved contribution of the add-on the browser startup time.
- Fixed bug #332: Cannot add IP addresses to the black list.
- Fixed bug #328: When renamed, downloaded file looses its file extension.
- Fixed bug #266: Conversion fails to launch in Firefox 4. The bug was reopened after a change in Firefox 4.0b12.
- Fixed bug #300: Cannot extract video formats from some YouTube pages.
- Fixed bug #293: Console error on social share feature usage.
- Fixed bug #286: Undesired gap at the right of the toolbar icon.
- Fixed bug #216: YouTube 4096p format renamed to 4K.
Fixed bug #187: Conversion does not support file with non-ascii characters in the path (fix only available on Firefox 4).
Fixed bug #290: Cannot download anything if the black list is empty.
Fixed bug #292: YouTube in-page widget does not display on Firefox 4.
Fixed bug #280: File name formatting error when numerical entity is encountered.
Fixed bug #278: Download helper doesn't keep download location in private mode.
Fixed bug #245: Quick download notification readability.
* On December 1st, changes on YouTube made the &fmt=18 trick obsolete for getting the standard MP4 version. As a consequence, we removed the in-page YouTube format switcher widget. You can still access the MP4 variant from the download menu, with the entry prefixed by [Medium]. If you don't see this entry while in a YouTube page, open the DownloadHelper preferences, section Capture, tab YouTube, and enable this format.
* Added new default conversion configuration for Samsung Galaxy Tab
* Fixed bug #250: Icon layout Issue - bar deformation.
* Fixed bug #254: Better file name management when using with FlashGot.
* Fixed bug #247: Gallery capture: Files with spaces in the name get saved with %20 instead of a space.
* Fixed bug #258: On Linux, menu popups do not close when clicking the video entry.
* Added sv-SE (Swedish) locale.
* Removed minor errors appearing in the console.
* Minor layout fixes