by Firefox user 13330880, 4 months ago
Rated 1 out of 5
I just wanted to download a 30-second YT video - even after installing the helper app, it took 10 minutes to "aggregate" then informed me it had watermarked the video because I chose an "ADP" menu option (the only one available) and didn't register some conversion feature. A huge waste of time for even the simplest of uses.
- by Firefox user 17429926, 6 hours agoRated 5 out of 5I've downloaded dozens of videos using this extension for Firefox on Linux, and it works almost flawlessly. The only glitch is that sometimes the download fails, but if you catch it early enough, you can restart it and it will continue from where it was.
- by Gerrit Addiks, 16 hours agoRated 1 out of 5This extension flat out DOES NOT WORK. It asks you to install an external application, where the "install" button to install said application does absolutely nothing.
- by Zabadoh, a day agoRated 2 out of 5Annoying.
First of all installation: It requires a "helper program" to be downloaded and installed to your PC separately.
Then the plugin downloads the video, but spends your CPU cycles to add an annoying QR code for the developer to the downloaded video, adding BOTH delay AND annoyance to the download process.
If I wanted a QR code added to the video that I want to save, then I would ask for it.
Useless and annoying. Don't bother installing this
- by Sunday_Scour, 2 days agoRated 5 out of 5The MOST universal video downloader add-on for Firefox there out there. Been using it for FREE for years, but just sprang for the $28 registration, so now it can even convert videos without the watermark. (Free version converts, but puts a QR code in the upper left corner.) I only wish I had given them my money sooner. Polished and feature-rich, you quickly get a feel for which (of the dozens) links to download. So, it's quick to learn, and POWERFUL for power users like me. 5 FULL stars! :)
- by Flachzange, 3 days agoRated 1 out of 5Memory Leak recently (20GB Ram usage even when closing everything), sporadic high CPU usage for no reason, sometimes 30% on an modern 8-core CPU, again even when closing all tabs besides an empty tab (the extension wasnt used or opened at all in either of those situations). Firefox performance analyzer clearly showed it was coming from this extension.
Besides that, the user interface is clunky and doesnt work correctly if the extension icon is moved into the dropdown menu.