Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by Rob Mendez, 3 hours agoRated 5 out of 5This Firefox add-on extension, along with the companion app, was able to download those "private" videos on membership sites that ALL other extensions with Chrome failed to do! Worked on the first try! 👍🏻
- by StR, 8 hours agoRated 1 out of 5This add-on has two big problems:
1. It is slow (It takes several times longer to download the same YouTube video compared to the video downloader built in Slimjet)
2. It is only after you've installed the additional program, and you've waited until your video is downloader and converted that you are being told that the video has a QR-code over a large portion of the screen. So, it feels like bait-and-switch.
Why couldn't they be upfront about that?
And why the description fails to tell you that an additional package is needed for conversion (and essentially for download, as it keeps telling you that you need that package if it is not installed).
3. The UI is quirky and not very clear about what is going to happen, where you can find your videos, etc.
4. Even though you choose the final destination for the video, this add-on download files to your "Downloads" folder (Win-10 here) first. And this is a problem: The first time it happened, the download (of a 2-hr-long video) stopped because this extension used up all the space available on the system disk. This also created a problem for something else that was being done at the same time. I see no easy way to change the folder for the temporary files for this extension.
5. You need to install an additional software package.
6. You cannot pause and resume the download
7. The time estimate doesn't get updated often enough, so that you think the download is stalled. I believe the estimate is also not very correct, but it is hard to tell, when you look at it for probably a minute, or at least half a minute without seeing any change...
What is nice is that you have a bunch of options (formats and resolutions), even though sometimes they are a bit too cryptic: e.g. without the additional software package installed, I see two "mp4" options, and the extension doesn't tell me the difference between them (do they have different resolutions? ...)
- by Marinaxp, 2 days agoRated 5 out of 5So far I only use it to download videos, it works well. It would have been nice to have a digital manual to make it easier to learn and understand the conversion feature.