Rated 4.5 out of 5
4.5 Stars out of 5
- by charles.ee, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Unlike a lot of these copy link as markdown/text/html/etc. extensions, this one actually works. However, the permissions it requests are very broad, and you can't opt-out of the data monitoring option. Ideally all it should need access to is the browser tab and clipboard.
- by ak47wong, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Fantastic extension, thanks! I love being able to copy links in a format that I can just paste directly into Jira.
Just one problem I have is that if I copy a URL on a domain like www4.example.com, at least 50% of the time I get www.example.com instead.
If I copy the URL using another extension like CopyTabTitleUrl, it *doesn't* change the www4 to www, so it seems to be something your extension is doing. Can this be fixed please?
- by jpvalois, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Very good add-on, but of limited use if you need a format other than those available. Allowing for custom formats would do the trick! Chrome users have access to extension "Copy URL+" which does exactly that (which allows me to customize the format to Dokuwiki links, for example).
Developer responseposted a year agoI do not have a plan to prepare custom formats.
Because the character strings to be escaped or to be replaced are different by each markup language.
If you have a format you'd like to be supported, please send a feature request to GitHub.
- by Firefox user 12810746, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5For me, this is the only link-copier that does what I want: copy the page-title with the link under it, so it pastes nicely in email or document.
One request: I copy all the time links from a certain website. What I get is "page-name - website-name".
I would like to be able to remove that " - website-name".
Or more specific, an option to Always remove from link-text = " - mywebsite1"; " - mywebsite2"
- by Firefox user 14072894, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Even more powerful than XUL CoLT, and good icon.
Edit: Unnecessary and meaning-unknown pop-up dialog by default, which makes it inconvenience to use.
And no option to copy link title in text only.
- by Michael Woffenden, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I found this after searching for a replacement for Easy Copy. While not as feature rich as Easy Copy was, it gets the job done. Developer is very responsive and seems to maintain the code well.
This is an essential tool for copying links ... which I do dozens of times a day! For example, copying and pasting a link into OneNote is made so easy using a tool such as this.
- by Firefox user 13153259, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5After the FF57-calypse, I found this extension to copy url with html format. It does what I need, it works perfectly and even has extra functionality. It can only be better if there were a couple of extra options, like the chance to add target="_blank" or that the text in the title field remain the same as the text of the link. Besides this minor things, it is great.