As a man who suffers from addressbario alphaphobia, (a fear of typing the letter a into the address bar), this plugin has changed my life! Now I can visit sites directly, without typing it into Google first!
Great! I often mistype addresses into the bar since I type so fast!
Ever since my mother accidentally dropped me as a baby I have been dyslexic. This has enabled me to rekindle my relationship with the address bar.
Brilliant time saver!
Serves its simple yet critical purpose wonderfully.
Very handy for the careless.
It's great for .com adresses.
But it don't work with adresses like .net or .se
Works 80% of the time. The other times yo end up at porn sites lol!
From the beginning thought that it is not necessary, now has got used and without it it is not convenient
Great for reducing the revenue of those annoying page parkers and phishers. Thanks.
I love add-ons that can cut down on frustration, and this is a great one.
I like this add on cause is really easy to use, but I have always used opendns.com as a URL fixer.
Not bad but has some issues
So far I have no issues with this addon. I have always wondered why browsers didnt always just have this feature but im glad to have it. As a geek i rarely make a typo but in the off chance I do its great to have this addon.
It installed just fine for me in ff3 final. I didn't have to do anything special, not even log in.
This is a very good addon. But it has maxVersion as 3.0b4. It must be edited to 3.0 to make it work with Fx 3.0 final.
Steps for newbies to make this work with Fx 3.0 final:
0. Download the url_fixer-1.4.3-fx.xpi file.
1. Rename the xpi extension to zip. (Yes xpi files are in fact zip files.)
2. Unzip the contents to an empty location.
3. Open the file install.rdf.
4. Find the line that says:
and change it to
5. Save the install.rdf file.
6. Make a new zip file from the *contents* of this entire folder which contains the install.rdf file. Make sure you don't make a zip of the folder itself, but only of its contents.
7. Rename the zip file as appropriate, changing the extension to xpi. If Windoze warns you about changing extensions making your apps useless, don't worry. Windoze doesn't know about XPI's magic.
8. Now try drag-drop of the XPI file into your Fx Addons window. It should work.
Great .. for US websites .. don't fix french url!
This is a great idea, however many people (maybe not a lot...) use OpenDNS which does this for you. (As Wowzers suggested) And I use the Dvorak keyboard, too! Yay
Would (could) this work with Dvorak keyboards?
Another reason I wouldn't use this is because I have OpenDNS for this.
Tried it for a couple of days and it never even once corrected an URL correctly and I couldn't just type the URL without the end
This is a must have no-brainer add on that everyone should have.