Not flexible enough to be useful.
It works fine on firefox Ubuntu (desktop version) 14.4
The Find & replace feature of URL Fixer does not work with Firefox for Kubuntu. With Windows it was OK.
I want to automatically replace ";" by "." (on the same key of a french keyboard).
Nice add-on for security's sake. However, I had my first run-in with an issue----this does not (yet) acknowledge some newer top-level domains that are out there, such as the .works domain. It tried correcting my URL to .work, and the bar that asks if I want to keep or discard the correction doesn't stay visible long enough to change it. I had to try it a few times until I was fast enough to click on the button to leave as-is. As the owner of a .works domain, I'm now concerned this and similar URL fixers may prevent clients from successfully reaching my website. Hopefully this issue catches up with devs soon.
Noch genau Bericht für viele Add-ons leicht zu Download trägen. OK.
I think that's awegret worksome
Not quite as out-of-the-box useable as described. For example *.con was corrected to *.con.cn. Don't know why (but I have a guess).
That's only one example of inexplicable "corrections" leading nowhere. Strangely, gmail.con became gmail.com. Go figure.
Even a search-and-replace entry was "corrected to a dotcn "domain," and it was correctly entered as dotcom.
If I'm going to be asked if a correction is correct, I'd like to say "yes," BEFORE the site is open. Given the unpredictable nature of the changes, I'd like to keep the door shut on some bad places, and I certainly don't want to go there unintentionally. It's quite different if I opt to use auto-correct. Then it's spin the wheel and take my chances.
The two stars are for the search-and-replace feature, since I can shorthand some regular addresses (even with the incorrect correction of my replacement entry). The jury's still out on the rest of it.
Update--One Day later: Now it's adding cpn to dotcom addresses, eg: place.cpn.com. Don't know why.
Telling it that the result is not correct does nothing. Next time out (using the same dotcom address), we just go 'round the same circle.
In one case, I've put an address on the do-not-correct list, yet it is constantly "corrected," to something wrong (dotcom changed to a domain I've never heard of nor can find when searched for.) Again, saying the correction is incorrect does nothing. It happens again and again.
Really unreliable. I fear I'll be sent to a "bad" address sooner or later if I keep using URL Fixer.
My guess to what's going on: The pool of collected "corrected" addresses is faulty and could be used to bend this useful idea to nefarious endeavors. Better to stick to correcting mistyped domains, and leaving customized corrections internal to the user's search-and-replace list.
Right now, based on my experience, URL Fixer can't be trusted.
Working on it..
This is a must have no-brainer add on that everyone should have.
Works great !
One of my favorite add-ons! It's 3AM and you have your beer goggles on, you've returned with your perfect 10! Now it's 3:02AM and you're in the mood to surf but beer goggles cannot fix your typing. :( Fear not because this will turn your 3* typing skill into a 10.
I often mistype 'b' or 'n' or 'm', and end up rewriting these mistypes or marked red words (you know when a suggestion pop's up). This auto-corrects me, and is pretty accurate...
Polecam każdemu kto ma "szalone palce" jak ja :D i nie ogarnia czasem wpisywania adresu strony. Naprawde przydatne narzędzie.
i very like it thank you
excelent addon... but i think it need some features like import and export and abilities to edit (cut, copy, paste, etc)....
Very nice tool for power Blogger and faster than lightning types like me.
Overall, this add-on is a time-saver, and I've used it for quite a while. However, there are some weird redirects that shouldn't happen with legit urls.
One example I can think of off the top of my head is Overstock.com's url "o.co" This is a perfectly valid url. However, URL Fixer will automatically redirect you to Twitter's service "t.co", which is not helpful and actually wastes time. This can be worked around by always having the prompt appear when you type in a url URL Fixer thinks is wrong, but this mitigates the time-saving factor that is the key to this add-on. Please look into this, dev(s)!
This is a very helpful addon for me (I'm a fast typer;-)