To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Current Development: 1.3.x
So how do you use this?
Say you have a development environment of http://dev.mysite.com/file.html and a production environment of http://www.mysite.com/file.html with the same file structure. Instead of having to substitute "dev" with "www" every time you upload a change a rule can be set up with the Urimod add-on.
URI Match: http://dev.
URI Replace: http://www.
This way any URL you go to that matches the rule say http://dev.mysite.com/somechanges.html an icon with two arrows will show up. Clicking on the icon (or pressing F6) takes you to http://dev.mysite.com/somechanges.html immediately.
• NEW: Support for importing and exporting rules.
• NEW: Open the Rule Manager directly via Shift+` (back tick).
• NEW: Execute a rule using F6.
• Icon in address bar.
• Can create multiple rules to cycle through other environments.
• Uses regular expressions for flexible URI manipulation.
• If no rule is specified for a URI then the Icon opens up the rules manager.
Have a translation?
Currently I am doing all my own translations from google's translator. I am sure there are better translations then I am providing. If you are up to the task send me your translation so that together we can make this a better understood add-on. Also if anyone has a better way of explaining this add-on please send that long too!
Have a suggestion for the project?
Have a feature you would like to see incorporated into the Urimod add-on? See a bug that needs to be fixed? Are you a hacker and have some killer code that would make this an even better add-on? Then send all suggestions, comments, and questions to urimod(at)leadiv(dot)com.
Quick licensing info
Urimod extension is based on: Server Switcher 0.4 and uses some code from Web Developer 1.0.2.
Icons are part of the Silk (http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/) icon set and are freely available.
Released under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt) Version 2.
- Added locales for Russian, Polish and German.
- Fixed the locale for Spanish
- Removed the shortcut shift + ~
- Moved the swap icon to the right of the URL bar.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: