If you think this add-on violates Mozilla's add-on policies or has security or privacy issues, please report these issues to Mozilla using this form.
Please don't use this form to report bugs or request add-on features; this report will be sent to Mozilla and not to the add-on developer.
please update for firefox 45
I've modified this plugins to support FireFox 4.x -- thanks goes out to the original author Bill Conan for the work on initial versions. You can install the updated plugin from here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/uploadr4flickr/
Are there any clever people out there that can update this Add-on? It was my favourite Add-on when it worked.
vista is not an upgrade, tard.. remove that log cabin from you eye this is a great extension
Does it work correctly now?
FF3.5+VISTA, after installation and restart FF, when I wanna add a photo to flickr, nothing happens...
Hey there is a way to modify this extension in order to work with Firefox 3.5. Here's how (fairly easy):
* Open the XPI file. This can be done with one of the following methods.
1. Rename the XPI file to add a ".ZIP" file extension. This often requires enabling the viewing of file extensions in your Windows preferences by removing the check in the box next to the "Hide extensions for known file types" option under Tools > Folder Options > View tab. The Windows default hides the true file extensions for all known file types which prevents using this method.
2. Associate the .XPI extension with your favorite ZIP file compression utility and open the file. Make sure you use a ZIP file compression utility that supports ZIP files without the .ZIP extension.
* Edit the INSTALL.RDF file. This is a text file.
1. If your ZIP file compression utility allows direct editing of files inside the ZIP, skip to the next step.
2. If your ZIP file compression utility does not allow direct editing of files inside the ZIP, you will need to extract this file, edit it with a standard text editor like Notepad and add it back to the XPI file replacing the original.
* Inside the INSTALL.RDF file, look for the line that starts with "". If there is more than one, look for the one that follows the ending with "7384" (this is Firefox). Change the "" number to "3.5.*" and save the file. See the example below. It is important not to change any other numbers so when the author releases a new version you will be able to download and install it through the normal update process.
* Update the XPI file with your new edit, rename it back to have the .XPI file extension if needed and you are ready to install.
To install a local XPI file, simply drag your custom XPI file to any open Firefox window and accept the install.
That's it. :)
I have been waiting for this tool for a looong time. thank you!!!! I wonder if it would be possible to add the ability to tag photos, and as was mentioned before, to set the access level (private, friends, public etc).
Works as designed and works well. Now if only a version supporting Firefox 3.5 was available.
NB. only works with http (non-SSL)
I just wanted to point out that according to the rules of Flickr, you're not supposed to upload images which are not your own. So, unless you're transloading from another of YOUR online galleries, the whole premise of this plugin is against Flickr's TOS. Accounts get deleted for things like that... Flickr is NOT PHOTOBUCKET. Dump your random copyrighted images at PhotoBucket, not Flickr. If your Flickr account gets deleted, you also lose your entire Yahoo account... :(
useless uploader. programmer does not know how to explain in english how to make it work. You are better off not wasting your time with this useless add on.
It works. Help me a lot to upload picture to Flickr. Though I think the windows pop-up and confirmation is redundant, but at least it's something.
Thanks for the addon, it's great!
But how can I make all my images that I upload to flickr to apper as private automatically?
it works. wicked. thanks billconan =)
cool man it's ok
it seems to be very usefull. When will you make a version for firefox 3?
this one definitely saves my online time. it allows me to upload photos from the web directly to my flickr.com account without the need to download to my computer first.
thank you "uploadr for flickr" !