- by sinekonata, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5I have no idea why it only occurred to me now to look for this feature when my computer is so old and I have 40+ tabs in 6 groups...
This is amazing, thank you for the work and sorry that FF made you redo your work for nothing.
- by DK23-fa, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is a great add-on!
I always have too many tabs opened and recently Firefox (85.0.2 64-bit) ate up more than 60% of my CPU-performance and 90% of the (16GB) RAM. After I have installed this add-on and have used "unload other tabs", Firefox only needs about 3% of my CPU-performance and 25% of the machine's RAM any more.
Thank you very much for your time and effort programming this add-on! I hope that there will be updates for this add-on in the future if necessary.
- by Events, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Useful add-on that works great, a must for people who regularly clog their windows with lots of tabs. My favorite feature is "Unload Other Tabs", which can free up a lot of resources with one click. If there's one thing I'd wish for it would be a "Unload Tabs on the left" option, that way you could leave more than one tab active.
- by Firefox user 15151898, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5WOW! Installed UnloadTabs, opened Task Manager and with just one click on "Unload Other Tabs," Firefox Memory usage dropped by a full 50%! Opened the All Tabs Helper extension and confirmed that ALL TABS other than the current tab were grayed out. This is a FABULOUS tool -- thank you NiklasG!
- by B Tang, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This really works. Would be better still if it could prevent tabs from loading when opening a lot of tabs at once from a bookmark folder, or unload them each immediately when they load.