- by Firefox user 12818352, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Good extension but the previous version was way better, the automatic detection doesn't work well nor the keyboard shortcuts. Can you please restore the buttons in the player?
- by Firefox user 6001196, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Awesome job! Since I got an ultrawide monitor, I was sick of all the retards who post ultrawide videos with black bars on YouTube. This add-on solves the problem beautifully, keyboard shortcuts and control panel added to the video work perfectly too!
- by Firefox user 13455126, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Just let me click the widen button on all netflix videos... don't make it check imbd or whatever, just put the button there for everything! thanks :)Netflix is actually broken right now (according to multiple reports), but unfortunately I haven't been able to get access to netflix yet.
I'm working on a fix (along with some other changes), though — but the buttons aren't making a comeback. Only the keyboard shortcuts will stay.
- by Firefox user 13321847, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I use this addon to watch Netlix in 21:9, recently it stopped working on Netflix. The control panel isn't displayed, using D to force 21:9 isn't working either.
On youtube, the control panel is being displayed and the key shortcut D is also working.
But as i mainly use this addon when watchin Netflix (i rarely need to watch a music video in 21:9) im really bothered by it not working.
Also, even as it still worked on Netflix - the automatic ratio detecion never worked, not on youtube and not on netflix.
Would appreciate it greatly if you could fix this soon.Please make bug reports on Github, as it makes it easier for me to track them.
Regarding netflix: thanks for mentioning it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to fix netflix until at least two months from now due to financial issues.
Regarding autodetection: It was specifically stated it only works on Netflix. Are you sure you sure your Netflix is in English (and that the movie is in English/original title)? Are you sure that the movie is on iMDB _and_ OMDB?
Given that I'm finally freed of my real-life commitments that took most of my time for the past six months, I'm slowly starting working on this extension again, which makes me rather interested in the details of any reported bug.
- by Mateus, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5it doesnt crop properly, it just do a zoom, and every video i watch i need to enable this app, terribleBug reports this way please ---> https://github.com/xternal7/ultrawidify/issues
Take care to include browser version, OS, monitor resolution, other extensions.
Potentially also screenshots because I don't know what the hell you mean with 'doesn't crop properly'. "Fit to width" should crop perfectly if you're watching 21:9 content encoded in non-21:9 aspect ratio on a 21:9 monitor.
And if you have a monitor with aspect ratio wider than 21:9 (this one Samsung), you should use 'Force aspect ratio' option for proper letterbox removal.
(Also please note I'm currently on hiatus due to some personal issues. If all goes well, I'll be able to continue with October)
EDIT: I think I might have randomly stumbled over the "doesn't crop properly" instance. There's this trailer for Salt that's 16:9 + letterbox, but the video isn't 21:9. This leads to extension cropping away too much:
Which is why there's zoom/unzoom binds.
Automatic aspect ratio was impossible(-ish)¹ a year ago. It's still impossible-ish¹ now.
¹It's actually within the realm of theoretical possibility, but whether that's gonna work with Youtube is unclear until I test it. There's also further potential complication with attempting auto-aspect ratio on youtube, vaguely outlined under this review:
TL;DR: potential performance issues.
Inb4 "but it can be done on netflix" — Netflix aspect ratio "autodetection" isn't true autodetection and is only possible because IMDB generally posts aspect ratio of every movie it knows.
- by Jake B, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love this add-on.
Unfortunately, it doesn't play nice with Maxime RF's Enhancer for YouTube. When both add-ons are enabled, videos are left-aligned in fullscreen mode which looks awkward. If this is unavoidable, it would be great if there was an option to enable/disable one site or the other (I mostly use it for Netflix anyway).
- by Firefox user 13132170, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love the plugin, great job :D
But I would like to ask for an additional feature:
I would like to align a video in fullscreen to the left, so it is not centered (Thats useful with 21:9 resolution).
Is that possible?