- by Raphaël, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Fonctionne parfaitement pour YouTube sur navigateur avec un écran 18:9. Plus de crop sur les bords haut et bas. L'extension a un paramétrage simple et efficace.
- by Firefox user 13924740, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Amazing work! Allows me to use my old widescreen tv with vga pc resolutions.
My one issue is the resolution doesn't change in twitch.tv theater mode, only on full screen.
Thanks dvlden, you rock! :)
edit: You're right! I'm use to the wide aspect in theater mode since originally writing the review. This addon is the best!Hello, thank you very much.
I'm aware of that and that's actually expected behavior. The extension does not know which element is the right video element until it goes to the full-screen.
Sorry for not being able to make it working for Twitch's theatre mode. I could create some platform-specific cases, but that could quickly get out of control and become very hard to maintain in the future. (adding Twitch now and many other platform specifics, later on)
Thank you, you rock as well!🤘
- by Firefox user 15529576, a year agoRated 2 out of 5This works great on almost every video player, except Disney+. When I try to watch something, the video gets pushed down so that it only covers half the screen. If the developer could fix this, I would really appreciate it.Thank you for your report. When you install the plugin, it clearly says where to report issues, by the way...
Disney+ has been fixed in version "2.1.0", so you should be seeing this soon, if not already.
I'm hoping that you'll come back to update your review.
- by Firefox user 12670179, a year agoRated 5 out of 5*Second edit* Issue seems resolved as of early April 2020. No idea what changed and I don't care hehe. Back to a 5/5 for me. *edit*
This add on is great, but it has a very annoying flaw. It randomly stop working (with some frequency), forcing me to go into the addon configuration and disable/re-enable it to get it to work again. It does exactly what it says it will do, which is awesome, but this erratic behaviour keeps it a 3/5 for me.
*first edit* I can't figure out how to reply, so I'll edit here. Interference may be coming from one of two add-ons I have: 1) uBlock Origin and 2) Video Background Play Fix. Of the two, background play seems more likely, but who knows. Unfortunately, I need those add-ons more than this one, so I'll just live with enabling / disabling for now. Also, I just assumed this was a Firefox for Android reporting / reviewing system, but it seems it isn't. Because I didn't mention it before, I'm running Android 9 on a Samsung A8 (2018). *edit*I wish if I could reproduce this so that I can fix it. Maybe you can record a video snippet and share a link as a reply so that I can take a look. Maybe another extension is interfering?
P.S. This extension has 100% test coverage and all tests are passing. Maybe I'm missing something?
- by EmeraldTeressa, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I am using old samsung tab s 8.4. Maybe it has peculiar aspect ratio because all of my streaming videos has black bar on top/bottom. Few years of streaming videos this way has made my screen to have light burn-in (top/bottom brighter than the rest. Right now only detectable using screen diagnostic tool software). I don't want this problem to get to a point where it is clearly noticeable.
Tried everything, and this is the only one that worked on all of my streaming sites by force-stretch the video to full. Genius work !
- by lightmare, a year agoRated 4 out of 5works great but i wish you could add this feature it will make it 10 times better, can you make an option for half and half ? i mean upscale/stretch hybrid, this will minimize the crop and the picture wont look too stretched. idk if its possible but if it is that would look much better,best regardsHello, thank you for your review.
To answer your question, it is not possible to achieve that. Although, admittedly, it does sound great.
If such a thing becomes possible, I will surely implement it.
- by justposted, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5What a nicely done add-on. Works on all the sites I have tried, scales to fill width (cropping the top/bottom if necessary) and can be toggled on/off easily.
- by Firefox user 14496309, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Is working automaticaly and is crooping image, is do not streaching the image. But i do not like cropping cause is zooming magnife all the image sometime is cuting from the head of people. Thay way i prefer streached image cause u see all the image eaven is streached a little bit
- by Firefox user 14407138, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5It's a very good add-on with all the modes I needed and keyboard shortcuts to turn on and off. Works very well for the most part.
But there is a small problem. In youtube when I stop/pause the extension with the keyboard shortcut (ctrl+shift+9), leave full screen, then change video or refresh and then enter full screen again, I cannot unpause the extension. I have to leave full screen press the unpause keyboard shortcut and then it works again.
Developer responseposted 2 years ago~This should not be an issue anymore. I believe I fixed this in version 1.6...~
Hello and thank you for review,
I believe you're talking about CTRL + SHIFT + 0 (pause the extension) shortcut.
You are allowed to pause the extension via a shortcut, but you are not allowed to unpause it. To unpause the extension, you do have to leave fullscreen and click the extension icon and then manually toggle pause - off.
This is expected behavior and the reason behind it is that pause will kill all listeners of the extension (including the keyboard shortcuts).
I hope that you understand and if you have any suggestions, let me know.