Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
This add-on will no longer receive data from the 16th June 2016 as the data provider, Metabroadcast, are switching off the radiotimes.com data feed that it uses.
If you have enjoyed using this add-on I have a new add-on that is very similar to, but completely separate from, this add-on. It can be downloaded and used alongside this add-on but it does need to be set up from scratch.
See: XMLTV Guide and Search
· Fixes a change to the default size of ico images with FF43.
· A couple of styling tweaks (relating to Linux).
· An important tweak to how the permissions get applied when creating the database folder.
The permissions issue only effects Linux systems. Previously, the database folder could get created with the wrong permissions meaning that it cannot be accessed properly. If you currently have this problem you will need to delete the folder: /home/[user folder]/.mozilla/firefox/[profile folder]/UKTVGuide and then simply restart the add-on, at which time the folder will be created correctly (note: .mozilla is a hidden folder).
For example, append: " (UKTVGuide; v1.3.12; https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/uk-tv-guide)"
Also included is a minor change to how the sqlite database file is accessed to make it more friendly towards Mac and Linux users (thanks to the AMO editors for spotting this one).
· The horizontal scrollbar now responds to the mouse wheel (this is constrained if the vertical scrollbar is visible).
· Re-adds the tv_large.png icon that got omitted from the last release. This icon provides the larger toolbar icon for themes that honour the Customise Use Small Icons check box.
· Replaces the use of the soon to be unsupported XMLHttpRequest's: 'req.onreadystatechange = handler' with: 'req.addEventListener("readystatechange", handler, false);'.
· Fixes an issue with the icon sizing on the Navigation Toolbar
· The vertical red line shows the actual time. The line tracks in increments of 1 minute.
· The programme's cell is highlighted with a red outline when clicked.
· The title search is now a 'proper' search text box where pressing enter will trigger the search without needing to press the Search button.
· Fixes broken behaviour with the Hide Colours checkbox, in the Colours popup menu, on the Guide tab.
· Properly orders the Channels drop-down according to the Alias name.
· Replaces the use of the soon to be unsupported: '-moz-border-radius' CSS property with: 'border-radius'.
· Fixes an issue with the date routines not properly handling British Summer Time (GMT+1).
· Fixes an issue with the time-bar not returning to its left-most position having pressed the Now or Refresh buttons.
· The time-bar will no longer move off the top of the display area.
(as a consequence the bottom time-bar is no longer required).
· The horizontal scrollbar will no longer move off the bottom of the display area.
This should better serve users who have a longer list of channels.
This should allow users to fix column width problems where they are seeing columns that are too narrow for the text to fit properly.
Coloured genres on the programme Guide view.
· Select your own colours for each genre to display in the Guide - pink stripes denote that the programme is also a film.
· Right-click and tag any programme in the Guide, or Search, as a Favourite, and optionally specify the series number. The Favourites behave like the other attributes in the Search, and are also shown with a ♥ symbol.
Fixed the poor handling when there is no internet connection. The add-on will now proceed as it does when everything is up to date and use the latest grab of data.
· Fixes an issue where there is no data in the channel schedule.
· Fixes an issue where there are duplicate programmes in the channel schedule.
I have also informed the data provider of the second issue.