- Rated 3 out of 5This add-on does it's job well and blocks ads just fine, and has support for lots of custom URLs for blocking as well as country-specific ones.
However, it needs some work on the UI. I do not want a button on the toolbar, so there needs to be another way to enable/disable on a per-site basis, using the keyboard, like for ABP, where the option is in the Tools menu.
- Rated 5 out of 5Browsing the web with AdBlock Plus has really become a pain on my MacBook Pro (Mid 2009) with only 4 GB of RAM.
I had to close Firefox every hour because memory was stocking up to over 1.2GB!
uBlock finally delivered a solution, it made the browsing-experience faster, more reliable and easy on the memory.
THANK YOU FOR THIS !!
- Rated 1 out of 5It would be useful to use the description to describe what this does. "Efficient blocker" could be many things. It seems this blocks ads and other things too.
- Rated 4 out of 5Not blocking ads for https://encrypted.google.com/webhp?complete=0 search results.
- Rated 5 out of 5Great. Powerful and stable, less resouce-consuming than ABP.
- Rated 5 out of 5I have been using uBlock for Chrome and uBlock for Firefox beta since before beta builds were available, and am very excited its finally available officially through Mozilla.org. Its by far more efficient than Adblock Edge or Adblock Plus, avoiding significant per-iframe/tab memory overhead incurred with those alternatives, as well as much faster performance and more advanced options.
I would love to see all the beta build updates become available on Mozilla.org, as there were 5 updates (v0.8.8.3-4, v0.8.9.0-2) releases only at https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases
Or, if not feasible, I would suggest at least a notification showing when updates are available on GitHub releases or updating from beta build to latest developer release on Mozilla.org so that enthusiasts don't have to check back there every day manually.
- Rated 5 out of 5Drop ABP now! You won't regret it. Don't be fooled by the version, this extension is super stable and does an excellent job of blocking ads.
- Rated 5 out of 5Awesome adblocker, better than any previously made so far.
+ Finnaly it shows in a google search and in addons search. :))
- For some reason android support was dropped, I still have it installed on my mobile device because older version has been installable on android. :) who knows, maybe they will add it back. :)
- Rated 5 out of 5I just discovered this adblocker, installed it and did a test with 25 tabs:
ABP = 525MB RAM, 2 active filter lists (Easylist+EasylistGermany, EasyPrivacy)
µB = 415MB RAM, 7 active filter lists (µblock, µblock privacy, Peter Lowe's, Malware domains list, Malware domains, Easylist+EasylistGermany, EasyPrivacy)
I wonder how this newcomer can be so much more efficient.
- Rated 5 out of 5не знаю чем оно лучше адблок плюс, но работает хорошо, претензий не имею
- Rated 5 out of 5Wirklich klasse, macht was es soll, ist leichtgewichtig und ist zudem noch OpenSource, wirklich klasse!
- Rated 5 out of 5+++
- Rated 5 out of 5Best for Mozilla Firefox
- Rated 5 out of 5Please! Remain the KISS principle!
No more huge resources on the next versions!
That's right!!!! :))
- Rated 5 out of 5I normally keep a moderate amount of tabs open from 15 - 20. I don't keep more open because I still have to exit Firefox at least every other day to free up all the memory it hogs with ABP. If I really use the browser heavily I have to exit in less than a day. I have an i7 with 16gb running Ubuntu. The resources are there but Firefox slows down so bad it doesn't matter. This completely solves the memory problem for me. The interface is excellent and intuitive. Dynamic filtering is a great way to unbreak sites and behind the scenes is an excellent way to see wtf is going on and then to resolve it. This is the most useful and unique extension I've seen since Noscript.
- Rated 5 out of 5Thank you for great add-on.
Please add support for Palemoon browser,
(it is not showing icon)
- Rated 5 out of 5Excelente, con muchos filtros fáciles de aplicar y ligera con el rendimiento
- Rated 4 out of 5I'm not sure why Mozilla hasn't reviewed this Add-On yet, but given the frequency of updates, it would be really nice if they would and auto updates were implemented.
- Rated 5 out of 5The speed is amazing. Adblocking has come a long way.
It will be great to be able to use ABP's acceptable ads feature somehow in this addon, because the long-term vision of "reasonable ad display" is worth fighting for.
With the 3rd-party iframe and script blocking, I feel like I'm using a powerful hybrid of NoScript and ABP.
- Rated 3 out of 5Works great, but Pale moon support is poor. Please fix the toolbar icon!
- Rated 5 out of 5Better, faster and really open
- Rated 5 out of 5Awsome, just simple and fast.
- Rated 3 out of 5This addon is better than abp but it lacks some basic functionality from abp that has been requested multiple times on github.
- Rated 5 out of 5Have been using this for a few weeks and is excellent, pleased to see it`s finally on add-ons site. Thank`s so much.
- Rated 5 out of 5W porównaniu z AdBlock i AD+, same pozytywy. Niesamowicie prosty w obsłudze, bardzo skuteczny i nie pożera zasobów jak AdBlock. Bardzo łatwo uzupełnić blokowany element z menu, bezpośrednio na wyświetlanej stronie. Wcześniej pod FF używałem bezpośrednio z GitHub, od wersji 0.7.cośtam. Nie zauważyłem żadnej nieprawidłowości w działaniu.