- Rated 4 out of 5I've been using uBlock now for several months and I still don't miss the certain other very well known blocker that ate so much memory.
This truly is a good lightweight replacement that blocks all the annoying stuff and is easy to use.
Thank you for writing this!
- Rated 3 out of 5while the UI is slightly more polished in some areas, i prefer uBlock Origin
- Rated 1 out of 5sorry I want a ublock because my pale moon (firefox familly, yes, it's similar to firefox), please can you update my favorite ublock because the message tell me it's uncompatible for the version 24.6, plus update and make your ublock compatible with my pale moon version 25.5 soon version 26. -_-
- Rated 2 out of 5Is Ublock still maintained? Is it ever going to be updated and fully support Pale Moon? Now I know Mozilla takes for ever reviewing add-ons, but could you at least post an update on this.
EDIT: Thanks for the clarification, I will go there install the latest then. Thanks again! :)
Developer responseposted 4 years agouBlock has supported Pale Moon since version 0.9.4.0, which you can download from https://github.com/chrisaljoudi/uBlock/releases
I have no useful information to provide regarding when the AMO version will be updated, we are still(!) waiting for review.
uBlock is still minimally maintained, but if you are looking for more active development and new features, you may wish to consider the uBlock Origin branch at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
- Rated 1 out of 5Use uBlock Origin. Way better and original.
- Rated 1 out of 5This is abandonware. "uBlock Origin" is the active current version from the original developer of the addon.
- Rated 4 out of 5Compared to Adblock Plus, it has been able to block almost as many ads (very few go unblocked) but uses much less memory and cpu, which is a big advantage. Adblock Plus was making my browser really slow and it was a PITA.
Custom blocking unblocked ads is not as efficient and straightforward as with Adblock Plus.
All in all, a great ad blocker that I am keeping.
Keep up the good work!
- Rated 4 out of 5Great ad-block addon! A tad more lightweight than ABP. Currently using µB and ABP (changing between them on different comps), and this is very much a worthy contender!
The only thing I've got to "complain" about is that the different trackers and such are very poorly explained in µBlock (via the status bar icon). +, ++, red, yellow, green square. It is not readily clear what they mean, and what changes will occur if you make one of them green, yellow or red. There ought to be a hover-text for this, or at least a -very available- page in the options which explains this straight forwards.
Other than that, keep up the good work!
- Rated 5 out of 5Genial!
- Rated 1 out of 5Only 9 commits (5 real fixes, 4 text changes) in one and half month since the 0.9.5.0 was released. While the Origin has got 7 releases (200+ commits) during the same time. Do you really only want to take donations while doing nothing?
- Rated 5 out of 5Better than Adblock Plus.
- Rated 5 out of 5Не на много лучше, но всё же лучше. Память он всё же нагружает, но не так как adblock.
- Rated 5 out of 5Best ad blocker I've ever used!
I really hope it stays free forever for the betterment of web surfing. :D
- Rated 5 out of 5I really hope you not turn into adblock plus near future.. :/ this one is amazing
- Rated 1 out of 5A donation copy of the Ublock Origin
- Rated 5 out of 5Both uBlock versions are without competition at an Android device.
- Rated 3 out of 5Not having the option to completely disable (like you can do with AdBlock) instead of only for current page is a big downside to this. It's needed sometimes, eg when using cash-back web sites or to rule out the ad blocker as a cause of problems on a web page that might have frames and elements from other domains.
- Rated 3 out of 5Quelle est la différence entre µBlock (Alex Vallat) et uBlock Origin (Raymond Hill) https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/ ?
- Rated 5 out of 5Does a great job at blocking all unwanted elements with the default lists.
Only once or twice I needed to block specific element.
Another advantage over AdBlock is the selection of element to block, much easier than AB, bye bye Facebook recommended, and "you might also be interested in reading this"
- Rated 5 out of 5notO
- Rated 1 out of 5It is good, but lack of personalization, is better the original uBlock, and support there are more updates to uBlock Origin, so to be one minor change, for the more demanding.
- Rated 3 out of 5Was a big fan of Adblock Edge and have just found out it's no longer updated, but it's still working, what a shame! I never had a bad word to say about that useful add-on.
Will disable Adblock Edge and try out uBlock, review and correct rating to follow after trial.
- Rated 4 out of 5Works well, uses less memory, doesn't get unresponsive like other ad block solutions do. I like it.
However, it causes lastpass to not function properly. When you have a login dialog lastpass usually has an asterisk next to the username and password. When you click the asterisk, you get the logins lastpass has for the site and you choose one and are logged in.
With this active, this does not work, the asterisk turns to an X when clicked.
- Rated 1 out of 5Seems to cause Firefox to hang and become unresponsive. Very frustrating. I need a good ad blocker, I miss Adblock Edge. :(
- Rated 5 out of 5Ya era hora, desde que ABP se vendio no bloqueaba de la misma manera todos los anuncios y cada vez era más lento.
Mis felicitaciones a las personas que mejorar cada dia ublock