- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15078729, 3 years agoIn the last week (7 days) Facebook has managed to override all anti-ads controls, UBlock Origin included. My news feed is now flooded with ads ("recommended posts") and ads in sidebars, all of which I had managed to eliminate or almost completely minimize this last year. Now what?! Seems no functioning options.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 6976090, 3 years agoOkay, but c'mon guys. Make it easier for non-XML gurus to creat simple blocking rules using "*" wildcards. Trying to block a simple thing like "items_list3", "items_list2", "items_list9", should be as simple as setting a filter for "items_list*", but no... :-(
- Rated 3 out of 5by Chris Currier, 3 years agoNow blocks sites open from links.....Linux Mint using FF 66.0.1...example opening site from RSS feed. Just see blank page when FF opens. Disable this add-on and FF works as expected. This behavior started in March 2019.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Jared, 3 years agoThis is an excellent adblocker, probably the best you can find for Firefox and other browsers; it does a great job blocking all ads, and it is also open source, a near guarantee of security and privacy.
The interface is very outdated, though--the buttons and layout are not at all intuitive to less robust computer users (thankfully I'm not one of them) and the settings menu can be confusing to the extreme. Though these problems don't apply to me, they do to many, and I think they should be fixed.
Aside from the UI, uBlock Origin is the best adblocker available for Firefox.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13510677, 3 years agoYour picker tool for selecting element to block is not accurate. I tried it to block related videos in YouTube site and it failed to select it successfully.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Hobbitland, 3 years agoGreat addon but new update on Firefox broke element hiding. Element hiding fails to hide ads when opening some webpages. Re-loading fixes this. This is a recne tannoyong bug on Firefox Linux. Adblock Plus for Firefox does not have this problem. Ublock Origin for Chromium is also fine. Seriously thinking of switching adblocker or browser if this is not fixed soon
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14727270, 3 years agoCảm ơn nhà phát triển add on này từ lâu đã giúp tôi chặn quảng cáo rất tốt khi lướt web trên smartphone bằng firefox! Nhưng giờ tôi phải chia tay vì lý do: add on này hiện nay làm cho trình duyệt load rất chậm giống như bị chặn vậy, làm đứng trình duyệt thường xuyên không thể chấp nhận được! ( những lúc quan trọng như đang đăng nhập tài khoản thì trình duyệt báo lỗi rất tiếc firefox đã dừng muốn phát điên luôn!) Tôi đã đổi add on khác thì firefox chạy tốt lại như thường.