- Rated 3 out of 5by Rediradio, 11 days agoMozilla无视了开发者和用户的意愿，对中国大陆用户锁区了数个广告拦截插件！Mozilla你们的骨头就这么软吗？
Mozilla locked several ad-block add-ons from China mainland, without consent from users and devs! How could Mozilla become like this?
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17440859, 4 months agoI added this because I'm constantly getting pop-ups from auto dealer websites - to the point that I have trouble viewing the content of the website itself. This does absolutely nothing to stop those pop-ups.
- Rated 3 out of 5by user, 4 months agoProblems with "container tabs".
uBlock Origin 1.42.4 won't block some ads with Firefox 102.0a1 build 20220523020703 with "container tabs". uBlock Origin 1.42.4 will work when you move tabs to "no container".
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13470324, 6 months agoI was using uBlock Origin for a very long time with great satisfaction.
Unfortunately, for the past few months, the plugin makes using Firefox a chore - a lot of web pages doesn't load on the first try, I'm greeted with the message:
"Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site."
Once I disable the plugin, everything works fine again.
I'm afraid I will need to switch to a different adblocker and not recommend uBlock Origin anymore.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Traveller, 8 months agoThe reason for the 3 stars: I've been using uBlock for about 2 years now. Extremely efficient against ads. But too demanding performance-wise.
Basically sometimes my FF becomes literally unusable, it freezes up for 5-10mins. I sometimes have to restart it 3-4 times to get it to load my first page! At first I thought it was FF itself and was actually looking for an alternative browser, but then I got a hint that it could be the ads + uBlock. So I disabled it and IMMEDIATELY FF started normally as if the freezing that was happening before did never happen. I was really shocked that uBlock can have such a negative effect performance-wise. But now I am sure it is uBlock.
I am going to switch to another probably less efficient adblocker. But I cannot sacrifice that much performance even if it is for good ad blocking.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Bombo Bombom, 9 months agoGreat addon, but very hard to manage when it comes to trying to get some authentication links to work. Even when allowing all involved URLs, some strict blocking seem to be forced and had to use Edge instead.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17156146, 10 months agoThis Adblocker was alway awesome until recently. Somehow ads that were blocked before, are now everywhere. I block them, but they return after I refresh the page. That is unfortunate. Other adblockers are slowing down firefox...
- Rated 3 out of 5by Alejandro, 10 months agoMy experience has been by so great with this extension, but recenlty It started not blocking the adds on pages I visit most of the time. I believe it's due to the recent update 2 days ago.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 10206391, 10 months agoGood on most sites, but when you encounter a problem site, there is no way to report it other than the hugely obtuse Reddit.com, where you will find it impossible to either submit a problem or to understand HOW TO SUBMIT A PROBLEM unless you speak 'coder' language.
Utterly useless 'help' section, and the 'instructions' are about as useless. Oh, wait---there are no instructions.