- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15701315, 2 years agoDid and extensive testing of uBlock after the new permissions. I also compared with the previous version. The conclusion: Previous versions of uBlock did NOT track your IP and/or device. This new version that request new permissions, DO use your host name and access your IP.
There has been a lot of speculations about this recently. I have no idea what happened with uBlock, so I choose not to go into that. I can, however, confirm that there is data mining going on with this version. What happens with the user information (IP address, Host information / Name and Device information) I have no way to know from the tests.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13280059, 4 years ago1.13.8 - due to FX web extension change. Updates are OFF. Then today for no reason, this addon stopped BUTTONs showing on multitude of website e.g. vitalsource.com. Took me 2hrs to troubleshoot. Who has 2hrs to spend because and addon does something funky on you. It was controlling hardware acceleration somehow...
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12934307, 4 years agoStarting to become obsolete. Popular and progressive websites are getting smarter and their ad spaces are nullifying uBlock's element blocker. You can zap countless times and the same add will reappear on every refresh. :(
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14136520, 4 years agoHad no problems since months with uBlock origin, great Addon. But since 3-4 days and version 1.16.10 it slows down my firefox completely! CPU use with 50-70 %. Everthing freezes. Youtube sites are not longer usable. I had to deactivate the Addon. And I can see, I am not the only one who has these problems. No reaction here from the authors! I use firefox ESR 52.9.0 (32-Bit) on Ubuntu Studio / Xfce.
Also version 1.16.12 does not solve the thing. So, please fix these problems fast! I need my adblocker. ;) Thanks!
P.S. It was also not possible to update the filters. I tried several times, but no reaction, just "turning circles" symbols.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14122583, 4 years agoBlocks more than just ads. For example: on https://www.gls-info.nl it blocks the parcel information. Very annoying as you can't rely on what's shown on a page is "correct and complete"...