- by Firefox user 13862957, a year agoRated 1 out of 5If the blocker is turned on and i open my browser, i cant use any website, it will load forever! If browser is opened and i restart the blocker, only then it works fine , as it should be.
- by Fridah, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Sadly this single addon uses 32 GiB of virtual memory on Linux systems. This results in a completly lagging/freezing PC when just running Firefox. Got worse since I use Sophos AV which does on-access file scanning. Because I will not disable on-access scanning due to security reasons, I got to disable the addon. After using uBlock Origin for a long time I now switch back again to uMatrix as this addon does not use any extraordinary amount of space. I am running 20-30 security addons in conjunction and pinned point that NON of ALL the other ones has this behaviour. Please fix the background system of how the extension works. To see WORKING Addons see my profile.
Developer responseposted a year ago"Virtual memory" is probably "addressable memory", and irrelevant as this does not correspond at all to physical memory usage. The larger "virtual memory" figures are probably caused by uBO's use of WebAssembly, which actually makes uBO more efficient CPU- and memory-wise.
- by lw, a year agoRated 1 out of 5This a very frustrating pop up blocker. It either blocks ALL or none. Most pop up blockers show a bar on the screen asking you if you want to allow a popup and you can select no, one time only, or always. ublock origin doesn't do this and it is very frustrating because there are times you definitely DO want to allow pop ups.
- by Firefox user 14698527, a year agoRated 1 out of 5A total desaster for 4-5 weeks. Slows down websites to oblivion and often prevents loading websites at all.
Like the Epic Store, CWTV, Joyn and other websites won't load anymore, when using this PoSoftware and browsing the website for the second time. What a bummer. Was quite a good add-on, now its useless since it messes around with the usability after all.
- by Firefox user 14468521, a year agoRated 1 out of 5i only give 1 star because of uBlock Origin blocks both Support site and home page. this makes me lel it makes me think about reinstall this Extension
- by Firefox user 15291602, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5It really slowed down opening up Firefox, I had to wait 3-5 minutes for any page to open. Deleting it stopped the problem so definitely something related to uBlock.
- by Firefox user 14069506, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5This addon has caused nothing but problems for me across many websites. Adobe's website doesn't show prices, a photo downloader wouldn't retrieve the file, a Microsoft Sharepoint site wouldn't load any of the files, and other problems with Samsung, some forums and even Google. All solved by disabling the addon. I'm doing SO MUCH disabling that it's not even worth having it. I've never had these problems with AdBlock Plus. UGH!!!
EDIT: Also just found out it was this plugin responsible for making Paypal give me errors where it was impossible to pay. Worked as soon as I disabled this. This is with no custom filters. Madness. Definitely removing now.