- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13862957, 2 years agoIf the blocker is turned on and i open my browser, i cant use any website, it will load forever! If browser is opened and i restart the blocker, only then it works fine , as it should be.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Fridah, 2 years agoSadly this single addon uses 32 GiB of virtual memory on Linux systems. This results in a completly lagging/freezing PC when just running Firefox. Got worse since I use Sophos AV which does on-access file scanning. Because I will not disable on-access scanning due to security reasons, I got to disable the addon. After using uBlock Origin for a long time I now switch back again to uMatrix as this addon does not use any extraordinary amount of space. I am running 20-30 security addons in conjunction and pinned point that NON of ALL the other ones has this behaviour. Please fix the background system of how the extension works. To see WORKING Addons see my profile.
Developer responseposted 2 years ago"Virtual memory" is probably "addressable memory", and irrelevant as this does not correspond at all to physical memory usage. The larger "virtual memory" figures are probably caused by uBO's use of WebAssembly, which actually makes uBO more efficient CPU- and memory-wise.
- Rated 1 out of 5by lw, 3 years agoThis a very frustrating pop up blocker. It either blocks ALL or none. Most pop up blockers show a bar on the screen asking you if you want to allow a popup and you can select no, one time only, or always. ublock origin doesn't do this and it is very frustrating because there are times you definitely DO want to allow pop ups.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14698527, 3 years agoA total desaster for 4-5 weeks. Slows down websites to oblivion and often prevents loading websites at all.
Like the Epic Store, CWTV, Joyn and other websites won't load anymore, when using this PoSoftware and browsing the website for the second time. What a bummer. Was quite a good add-on, now its useless since it messes around with the usability after all.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14468521, 3 years agoi only give 1 star because of uBlock Origin blocks both Support site and home page. this makes me lel it makes me think about reinstall this Extension