Rated 4.4 out of 5
4.4 Stars out of 5
- by Cyberknight, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Compatible with Waterfox! Very customisable and powerful add-on, allowing selecting a specific agent for each visited domain. It has two different interfaces, one more "user friendly" and another more "programmer friendly". One problem I noticed is, aside from PlayFlash add-on, which contains Adobe's FlashPlayer DLL inside, this is the biggest add-on on the bunch! A previous version was 8 MB in size (about 41 MB unpacked!!!), current is half of that (4 MB / 21 MB), all because of one single utility, "deps/browscap.js", which has a huge cache of hundreds (!!!) of files with what look like site "id" codes, which may be completely removed without breaking the add-on (just delete all the hundreds files from deps/browscap cache in the XPI file and install the add-on).
EDIT: I guessed the huge cache was for self identification (browser, OS etc.), but didn't take the time to check enough of the code. There could be a "light version" without that functionality. Other agent switching add-ons lack one or all the other features of this one, like domain specific selection, fully customizable agent strings and easy pop-up selection of strings. Anyway, thanks for replying! I appreciated the attention!Thank you for your review! The “huge cache of hundreds (!!!) of files […], which may be completely removed” are in fact used to generate sensible values for the `navigator.*` browser identification values. Parsing information like operating system, CPU type, device type, … is not a simple affair as there are no standards at all – one just has to guess based on the COMMENT parts of the User-Agent string. Fortunately the BrowsCap project has maintained a list of matching patterns for figuring out this information since 1997 that is extremely reliable. As such, I will continue using it even if it means bloating the extension size by about 3MiB. The fact that it allows everything to just work out-of-the-box with just a single input value (the User-Agent string itself) definitely outweighs that, by comparison small, price.
I would like to think that, if you don't need this complete level of emulation, then you may use just about any of the other User-Agent switching extensions because – to my knowledge this capability is unique to this extension.
- by Lonelywolf21, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Very good extension, but too sad the recent version have stopped working with Firefox. I hope this bug can be fixed if possible. :)
The newest version can be installed on a old version of Firefox (using version 56 myself) by going to this url: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1549017
Follow the instruction written on the 3rd and 5th comment. 3rd:
Go to about:support in the URL bar.
Open your profile directory.".....
I prefer the temporary fix that I outlined here:
A temporary workaround:...
Thanks the ones with the ideas, not me. :)
- by Breno Maia, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Ótimo complemento. Por favor faça uma versão para Google Chrome também. Obrigado pelo ótimo complemento.Thank you for your review! Unfortunately a Chrome version of this extension is not planned. You can find my full reply to this, as well as donation link for making this feature happen, at this link: https://gitlab.com/ntninja/user-agent-switcher/issues/46#note_166783499
=============== Simplified Portuguese translation ===============
Obrigado pela sua opinião! Não está prevista uma versão cromada desta extensão. A minha resposta completa pode ser lida aqui (Inglês): https://gitlab.com/ntninja/user-agent-switcher/issues/46#note_166783499 (Também tem um link de doação.)
- by Patrice, a year agoRated 5 out of 5So easy to use, unless you have a serious brain disability but in this case you should be in a specialized hospital (yep a read some 1 star reviews = UNBELIEVABLE about why they put 1 star!!!)
A top of the line add-on, strongly recommended!
Yes sure we would like more options in the user agent or more operating system and browsers choices, but it's just to be able to put more mess with websites who spy on us... I got an idea why not an input where we can input a "home made" user-agent ROTFL hahaha ;)
In all case this add-on spoof very well Instagram to upload pictures from your desktop computer, just select any smartphone, reload the page and you are set with the + tab/button at the bottom!!
Thanks a lot Alexander Schlarb, it's very good add-on
- by Firefox user 14738539, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Kenapa pas buka layarnya hitam ga ada tulisanya😬Sorry. I'm not familiar with Indonesian/Malay. Do you see a black screen? Du you see a permission error? Please write short and simple sentences. This will make translation work better.
Maaf. Saya tidak terbiasa dengan bahasa Indonesia / Melayu. Apakah Anda melihat layar hitam? Apakah Anda melihat kesalahan izin? Tolong tulis kalimat pendek dan sederhana. Ini akan membuat penerjemahan bekerja lebih baik.
Maaf. Saya tidak biasa dengan bahasa Indonesia / Melayu. Adakah anda melihat skrin hitam? Du anda melihat ralat kebenaran? Sila tulis ayat pendek dan mudah. Ini akan menjadikan kerja penterjemahan lebih baik.