- Rated 5 out of 5The most powerful user agent script I've tried
- Rated 5 out of 5It help me with STUPID SPOTIFY drop support for non-quantum last version of Firefox
- Rated 5 out of 5Update "Mozilla Firefox" to version 66.
(((Screenshot ➜ http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/Ashampoo_Snap_12maya2019g.1557639594.png
As it is made in another addition
(((Screenshot ➜ http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/Ashampoo_Snap_12maya2019g.1557639603.png
There are websites where newer version of the browser is already required...
"You use the irrelevant version of the browser"
(((Screenshot ➜ http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/Ashampoo_Snap_12maya2019g.1557641931.png
And after your updates of addition the situation in the browser does not change in a root, Firefox 61 is already outdated. It would be time to update till 66-67 the version.
Обновите "Mozilla Firefox" до версии 66.
(((Скриншот ➜ http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/Ashampoo_Snap_12maya2019g.1557639594.png
Как сделано это в другом дополнение
(((Скриншот ➜ http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/Ashampoo_Snap_12maya2019g.1557639603.png
Есть сайты где уже требуется более новая версия браузера...
"Вы используете неактуальную версию браузера"
(((Скриншот ➜ http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/Ashampoo_Snap_12maya2019g.1557641931.png
И после ваших обновлений дополнения ситуация в браузере не меняется в корне, Firefox 61 является уже устаревшим. Пора бы обновить до 66-67 версии.
P.S. (((Three days later.
Alexander, thanks for the help in settings, it turned out to dump.
Screenshot ➜ http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/Ashampoo_Snap_15maya2019g.1557929062.pngHave you modified the list of User-Agents by any chance (*User-Agent Switcher* Icon → *Settings…*)? At the moment new updates to the list will not be merged automatically. You need to restore the default list using the “Restore defaults” link at the bottom of the settings page to get the most recent changes, this will reset any modifications of yours and you'll have to re-add those after the reset.
- Rated 3 out of 5No longer actively maintained. Bug reports are responded to with requests for "donations to motivate the author".No true! It is actively *maintained*, I'm just unlikely to add new features without sufficient motivation at this point (maintenance ≠ feature development). ;-)
(Obviously I will accept patches for any of the requested features, so feel free donate your time if money isn't available to you!)
- Rated 5 out of 5Compatible with Waterfox! Very customisable and powerful add-on, allowing selecting a specific agent for each visited domain. It has two different interfaces, one more "user friendly" and another more "programmer friendly". One problem I noticed is, aside from PlayFlash add-on, which contains Adobe's FlashPlayer DLL inside, this is the biggest add-on on the bunch! A previous version was 8 MB in size (about 41 MB unpacked!!!), current is half of that (4 MB / 21 MB), all because of one single utility, "deps/browscap.js", which has a huge cache of hundreds (!!!) of files with what look like site "id" codes, which may be completely removed without breaking the add-on (just delete all the hundreds files from deps/browscap cache in the XPI file and install the add-on).
EDIT: I guessed the huge cache was for self identification (browser, OS etc.), but didn't take the time to check enough of the code. There could be a "light version" without that functionality. Other agent switching add-ons lack one or all the other features of this one, like domain specific selection, fully customizable agent strings and easy pop-up selection of strings. Anyway, thanks for replying! I appreciated the attention!Thank you for your review! The “huge cache of hundreds (!!!) of files […], which may be completely removed” are in fact used to generate sensible values for the `navigator.*` browser identification values. Parsing information like operating system, CPU type, device type, … is not a simple affair as there are no standards at all – one just has to guess based on the COMMENT parts of the User-Agent string. Fortunately the BrowsCap project has maintained a list of matching patterns for figuring out this information since 1997 that is extremely reliable. As such, I will continue using it even if it means bloating the extension size by about 3MiB. The fact that it allows everything to just work out-of-the-box with just a single input value (the User-Agent string itself) definitely outweighs that, by comparison small, price.
I would like to think that, if you don't need this complete level of emulation, then you may use just about any of the other User-Agent switching extensions because – to my knowledge this capability is unique to this extension.
- Rated 4 out of 5Very good extension, but too sad the recent version have stopped working with Firefox. I hope this bug can be fixed if possible. :)
The newest version can be installed on a old version of Firefox (using version 56 myself) by going to this url: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1549017
Follow the instruction written on the 3rd and 5th comment. 3rd:
Go to about:support in the URL bar.
Open your profile directory.".....
I prefer the temporary fix that I outlined here:
A temporary workaround:...
Thanks the ones with the ideas, not me. :)
- Rated 5 out of 5👍👍👍👍👍👍
- Rated 5 out of 5Ótimo complemento. Por favor faça uma versão para Google Chrome também. Obrigado pelo ótimo complemento.
Developer responseposted 9 months agoThank you for your review! Unfortunately a Chrome version of this extension is not planned. You can find my full reply to this, as well as donation link for making this feature happen, at this link: https://gitlab.com/ntninja/user-agent-switcher/issues/46#note_166783499
=============== Simplified Portuguese translation ===============
Obrigado pela sua opinião! Não está prevista uma versão cromada desta extensão. A minha resposta completa pode ser lida aqui (Inglês): https://gitlab.com/ntninja/user-agent-switcher/issues/46#note_166783499 (Também tem um link de doação.)
- Rated 5 out of 5Add-on is super! Perfectly hides information, except whatleaks ...;) I wish good luck!
- Rated 5 out of 5So easy to use, unless you have a serious brain disability but in this case you should be in a specialized hospital (yep a read some 1 star reviews = UNBELIEVABLE about why they put 1 star!!!)
A top of the line add-on, strongly recommended!
Yes sure we would like more options in the user agent or more operating system and browsers choices, but it's just to be able to put more mess with websites who spy on us... I got an idea why not an input where we can input a "home made" user-agent ROTFL hahaha ;)
In all case this add-on spoof very well Instagram to upload pictures from your desktop computer, just select any smartphone, reload the page and you are set with the + tab/button at the bottom!!
Thanks a lot Alexander Schlarb, it's very good add-on
- Rated 5 out of 5Kenapa pas buka layarnya hitam ga ada tulisanya😬
Developer responseposted 10 months agoSorry. I'm not familiar with Indonesian/Malay. Do you see a black screen? Du you see a permission error? Please write short and simple sentences. This will make translation work better.
Maaf. Saya tidak terbiasa dengan bahasa Indonesia / Melayu. Apakah Anda melihat layar hitam? Apakah Anda melihat kesalahan izin? Tolong tulis kalimat pendek dan sederhana. Ini akan membuat penerjemahan bekerja lebih baik.
Maaf. Saya tidak biasa dengan bahasa Indonesia / Melayu. Adakah anda melihat skrin hitam? Du anda melihat ralat kebenaran? Sila tulis ayat pendek dan mudah. Ini akan menjadikan kerja penterjemahan lebih baik.
- Rated 1 out of 5Doesn't include instructions on how to use it.
- Rated 5 out of 5It's easy to use, very intuitive, and lightweight. That's all I care about, it's a damn UA switcher.