Rated 4.4 out of 5
4.4 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13331399, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5This add-on should be perfect if there is an option that allows me to select websites to switch user agent.
For example, I have a following list: "facebook.com, youtube.com". And I want the add-on to only change the user agent when I surf these website. Websites that aren't in the list will not be affected by the add-on.
Could you do it?
- by Alex , 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Needs custom color setting for the menu, or a global day/night switch. I'm using dark dev theme and this is what addon's menu looks like.
P.S. Don't have gitlab account and I'm not a developer myself, so can't test xpi. Firefox 59.0b9 64bit, dark dev theme, win 10 with dark theme.Hmm… Looks like you are being bitten by my workaround for dark themes there…
Could you please test this quick test hack and see if it works better in your case:
Also please state which operating system, desktop environment & browser version your are using. If applicable also add information about your system desktop theme.
To respond please open an issue on https://gitlab.com/alexander255/user-agent-switcher/issues as I will not receive any notifications when you update your review. Thanks!
- by MetaG, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Fortunately found this working replacement for random agent spoofer; works as advertised, nice UI, a couple more user agent strings to choose from would be nice (for both privacy and debugging purposes), but all in all great job
- by kcufuoyeid, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5The recent update that lets us organize ua is a great addition. The simplicity to edit is superb, the copy and paste makes it easy to quickly update user agents. The UA sticks between restarts. beats the hell out of the ugly and confusing interface of UAS and it's bloated xml files.
I think the only feature now I would request would be to assign a user agents to a website e.g:
visit google.com -> spoof as Chrome
visit bing.com -> spoof as EdgeHi! Thanks for your feedback!
Although I do not currently plan on adding per-site User-Agent switching, it would still be very helpful if you could outline some details on how you would expect such a feature to interact with the rest of User-Agent switcher. I'd be particularily interested in UI mockups and user stories (short step-by-step descriptions on what exactly you would expect to do [in terms of interaction with the extension] in order to achieve your goal). Please add any feedback to the existing issue:
- by Joe Nicolas, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works perfectly. It's pretty easy to add custom UA. So easy to use, simple UI and pretty powerful. All stars I'll give to you for your hard work. The new random user agent feature just make this addon even more powerful. And dev is pretty helpful, if you ever encounter any issues or maybe just want to send feedbacks, just post it on the gitlab (http://bit.ly/2wpyVdR) and he will help you as soon as he can. Keep up the great work, dude!
- by Firefox user 13106979, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Can you add icon sets?
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThanks for the review!
I'd gladly do that if you submit some appropriate icons [at the issue tracker](https://gitlab.com/alexander255/user-agent-switcher/issues). :-)
Not even the main icon was designed by me (I only changed the base color & saturation), so it would probably not be a good idea if I tried to design a dark theme / whatever variation of the icons for you. So if you're interested please open an issue at the mentioned issue tracker (and ideally include some suitable icons), and we'll make it happen. :+1:
- by Newt, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This addon is easy to use, works well, and is kept (mostly) up to date with browser releases. I appreciate the option to add custom UA strings, and to modify the default ones.
- by PERCE-NEIGE, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Best one I've used so far, but the interface becomes messy if I want to add a lot. Please, dev, find a way to add the entries I want, and to check the box if I want them to show, and when I want to. And a way to add easily common new user agent without searching for hours on the internet, and fix the icon, I don't know if it's possible to make it multi-process.
I've used it with the entries found on: www.techblog.willshouse.com/2012/01/03/most-common-user-agents and tested here: www.whatismybrowser.com and here: www.whoishostingthis.com/tools/user-agent
Developer responseposted 3 years agoDamn! AMO, cuts off my response each time – you can find ti here instead: https://gitlab.com/alexander255/user-agent-switcher/issues/2#note_34583563
It would be nice you could respond with a comment to that issue as well.