TWiC stands for Translation of Words in Context. TWiC is a web browser extension that provides terminological assistance for readers of foreign language documents. It interacts with the LATL server to analyze the source text and display context-dependent translations.
- Highlight a word on a web page.
- Click on the TWiC icon in the browser toolbar.
- A popup window opens and displays the possible translations of the selected word.
- You can change the source language (if automatic detection was wrong) and the target language (to translate into another language).
- For some language pairs, you can also request the automatic translation of the entire paragraph.