Rated 3.1 out of 5
3.1 Stars out of 5
- by Pallero200, 7 years agoRated 2 out of 5Automatically block iphone and ipad tags, i don't care how well it works if the creator is such a fanboy of some competitive products.
Developer responseposted 7 years agoThose are there simply as an example and to encourage you to change them to something you actually want to block.
You wouldn't also happen to have the greasemonkey version installed at the same time would you?
- by Cremlin, 8 years agoRated 5 out of 5How to Use:
- Ctrl = /
- Click on the little "T" symbol in the Lower - R hand corner.
- Add items
Works great for me. Just wish it had the 'Highlight → Add to Tumblr Savior Block List" feature of the Chrome version.
- by Firefox user 6682780, 8 years agoRated 4 out of 5...it would've been nice to see a little 'how to' in the description here on the add-on site. Because it took me a while to find the options button. Otherwise: 5 stars.
No, the option settings are not in your Add-on menu! So stop looking there.
The settings cán be accessed via the little Tumblr Saviour logo on the Add-on bar at the bottom of the screen.
If that toolbar is not there, right click somewhere next to your tabs or address bar to get a menu where you can check and un-check certain toolbars for Firefox. See if the Add-on bar is checked.
The Tumblr Saviour logo should then be somewhere at the bottom right on that toolbar (snugly next to my Missing E extension. ;) ).
I'm sure someone else, with an English version of Firefox, will be able to give a better explanation, but I hope this helps people a bit.
All in all, good add-on. Finally no more ableism, misogyny and other drama on my dash. That's not why I'm on Tumblr.
- by Firefox user 6681670, 8 years agoRated 3 out of 5Works wonderfully on Tumblr, but unfortunately it makes my browser lag and very "sticky". Browser is fine for a while and then will start lagging...a restart of Firefox fixes this but it soon starts again. I checked all the other addons one at a time and only with this one did the problem continue. :(
- by Kacey3, 8 years agoRated 2 out of 5At the recommendation of a friend I checked out the addon and it's features sounded well worth it, but upon installing it, I realized that there must be some compatibility issue.
I'm running Firefox 16.0.2 on a Mountain Lion Mac and all I get are blank windows and unlabeled check boxes. The addon is virtually useless because without looking at screenshots, you have no idea what the options are. I don't know if this a Mac compatibility issue, or something like that, but it simply is non-functional in my environment.
- by Firefox user 6620919, 8 years agoRated 5 out of 5Only one problem...it doesn't work in Firefox 16. All settings are greyed out, and there is no options button in FF's extensions menu.
Other than that, it's very easy to use, and indispensable.
EDIT: With the upgrade to Firefox 16.0.2, it is now working again.
- by Firefox user 6457273, 8 years agoRated 4 out of 5I needed to block spoilers from my dash so I tried Tumblr Savior. For some reason, I couldn't get the Greasemonkey version to work, but this add-on is blocking those posts from my dash. Very convenient!
I took a star away because the first time I closed my browser after installing it, Tumblr Savior stopped working. I had to disable and enable the add-on before posts were being blocked again. My settings were saved though. All browser restarts afterwards did not have this issue though so I don't know what happened. Overall, really great add-on!
- by Firefox user 6447809, 8 years agoRated 2 out of 5I have been waiting for this add-on for a very long time, but unfortunately it doesn't really work.
First of all, when I open the settings window, I can't read anything, since it's white font on a white background. Despite this, I have managed to save my preferences, only to find everything re-set to default in the next Firefox session. I thought that there might be a problem with any of my other add-ons, but deactivating all add-ons but Tumblr Savior didn't show any other results. I really don't have the patience to re-set my preferences every time I start Firefox, so two stars for a great idea and for the fact that it could work.
Developer responseposted 8 years agoI have heard of one person with problems seeing the text. Are you using a Mac? It's likely a browser setting that is causing the issue. It works for thousands of other people, not sure what to tell you.
- by kospowinc, 8 years agoRated 5 out of 5When a meme begins to blossom it's cute and you want to show it off to everyone, but then it quickly becomes an annoying teen and you want to punch it in the throat. Unfortunately, it's intangible and that's impossible. At least with this add-on you can keep them from popping up in your Tumblr dashboard. No more Charlie Sheen and reality TV crap for me!
I want to add that I originally posted a poor review due to some issue on my end and the developer got in touch with me to fix the problem. Thanks for that.
Developer responseposted 8 years agoWhat happens when you click the save button? Try adding the word reblog to your blacklist and click save, most posts should be blocked.
Can you send the settings from your Save/Load tab in an email to bjorn @ bjornstar.com?